PDA

View Full Version : Follower or Item rotation

vector
04-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Hi:

I want to rotate spine bones usingobjects/nulls located behind the character.

I like the way that is developed in ROID RIBBIT MAGMA TOAD scene. I noticed Rotation item at World was used so I try to do that. I put an object behind to work as controller, set the pivot at the bone base, I see heading is working as pitch, so I would like to change that and I do a record pivot rotation... and from the spine to the head everything goes to h***... but before do that, I could rotate the bone usig that object. May be not important but I prefeer pitch work as pitch and not heading work as pitch... Could I solve that?

I try follower and I can do the same thing... is best one way that another?

lino.grandi
04-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Try this scene.

Is a very simple rig. I've applied RPR to all the bones.

The bones follow the controls via Same As Item (n World coordinates needed).

Please let me know if it's clear and if you need help.

Hi:

I want to rotate spine bones usingobjects/nulls located behind the character.

I like the way that is developed in ROID RIBBIT MAGMA TOAD scene. I noticed Rotation item at World was used so I try to do that. I put an object behind to work as controller, set the pivot at the bone base, I see heading is working as pitch, so I would like to change that and I do a record pivot rotation... and from the spine to the head everything goes to h***... but before do that, I could rotate the bone usig that object. May be not important but I prefeer pitch work as pitch and not heading work as pitch... Could I solve that?

I try follower and I can do the same thing... is best one way that another?

RebelHill
04-02-2012, 04:20 AM
You're getting the crossed axis because of using world mode and the 2 items being in different spaces. You can either not use world, or put them in the same space to begin with, or use the SAI controls to switch which channels control which (assuming youve got 10+)

vector
04-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks both. Lino, very clear your sample :)