PDA

View Full Version : Changing screen resolution causes crash

brianone20
03-31-2012, 01:26 PM
TCXD 850
Rev. 4 (latest)

When changing screen res. for the 2nd monitor in the tool menu causes crash every time. Goes to gray tricaster screen on both screens. Must ctrl+Alt+Delete to get any controls, log out as user, log back in as user, restart software from windows. It does remember which screen res. you selected during the crash, so that's a plus.

Using two 22" ASUS monitors with 15' DVI to HDMI cables.

Never had this problem with previous versions.

SBowie
03-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Hrmmmm. :(

Tried a new session, Brian?

brianone20
03-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes Steve, resarts and all. It's no big deal, just wanted to let others know, in case someone needed to change res. during a live. It's not a good idea!

SBowie
03-31-2012, 05:01 PM
I appreciate the heads-up. I've not seen or heard of a problem in them month or so that 4.b has been available, so it may be something relatively unique - but I'll try it myself on Monday, if not tomorrow.

adebats
04-04-2012, 02:54 PM
We were running a session and didn't have the 2nd screen plugged in - plugging in the 2nd DVI cable on the 850XT made both screen just show the tricaster logo and Ctrl+Alt+Del was the only option to get out.

I'm worried if my 2nd DVI cable popped out in mid-show but I've not had time to test this.

SBowie
04-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Broadly speaking, I think it's just good practice not to connect monitors during live production. Device recognition and driver config can be intrusive processes in Windows.