PDA

View Full Version : Parenting in NSE?

jeric_synergy
03-29-2012, 03:20 PM
??? I can't seem to drag an object to parent it in the NSE the way one can in the OSE. WUWT?

Surrealist.
03-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Click on the Name of the item. On my version the line turns green from the item to the right. Then you can drag and it will parent. If you get the white highlight that is for selection within the Scene Editor, and covers the whole line. The green highlight just goes from the name to the right.

However I have not quite figured out how to unparent like you can in the old version.

evenflcw
03-30-2012, 02:38 AM
Indeed. You have to make sure the (to-be) child is selected first and to click on the name before you can drag-to-parent. Slightly annoying.
To unparent you just click-drag to the left, until you get a vertical line.

dwburman
03-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Yup, it works. You just need to pause a bit to do it. That is, click on row, release the mouse (maybe wait a second), then click and drag on the text part of the name. If you click off to the side of the text, it doesn't seem to drag. At least that's the way it works on LW9.6 on this old laptop.

jeric_synergy
03-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Yup, it works. You just need to pause a bit to do it.
Ahhh, it's a rhythm thing. --now I see it

::test test test:: I gotta say, that's not NEARLY as intuitive as the OSE method: the user feedback is lacking. It's better the deeper the hierarchy is, as the vertical line to the left helps (but no so much for just one level).

All in all, not nearly as clear as the OSE's method. >|^P :devil:

Thanks, everybody! :thumbsup: