PDA

View Full Version : LW11 FiberFX Crash

Surrealist.
03-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Finally got around to doing some tests with Fiber FX to see what the issue is.

I strand, one collision object, cloth dynamics. MC Radioisity. F10 Crash.

Can anyone confirm?

File attached.

DigitalDeuce
03-29-2012, 09:02 AM
When I loaded your content, I saw quite a few 'outdated' and 'depreciated' plugins listed.

Such as "FX_MotionDrive" and ".FFMaster", and ".FFDraw"

I might suggest that you prune your plugins for any old versions of plugins. I always keep a 3rd party folder for those that I purchase, or download .... and keep the plugin directory of "NewTek Release" plugins as they are shipped.

Seems you might be crossing up plugin versions.

Surrealist.
03-29-2012, 05:30 PM
This is a fresh install of LightWave 11 on a new computer. I have not even used any plugins yet. The object was freshly created in LightWave 11 modeler. Just a spline with the sketch tool. There are no other versions of LightWave even on my computer. I keep all my 3P Plugins in a separate folder. So those messages, are well, then, in themselves something to do with LightWave 11, or in fact a difference between your install and mine, not something plugin related actually at all.

However they might be indicative of the source of the bug or in fact indicative of corrupt file as a result of the bug perhaps?

The other option might be my install did something wrong. But I heard FFX had some issues and crashes. Want to find out if it is useable.

What about the crash?

Did you try and render the scene?

ivanze
03-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Crashed in x64 but render fine in x86.

Surrealist.
03-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Really. Interesting. Thanks for the report. I am going to try and create a duplicate scene and see if I can replicate the problem. If anyone else can test that would be great. Then I will submit a fog report next depending on results here.

And also if anyone else is getting the plugin error messages that would be good to know as well.

Surrealist.
03-30-2012, 07:44 AM
I was not able to make this happen again from creating a new scene with the same basic parameters. So for now I am going to chalk it up as a bug that can not be replicated.

Thanks for having a look.