PDA

View Full Version : Selection issue: edge of a complex object?

jeric_synergy
03-24-2012, 04:36 PM
I have a complex object (see pic) that I'd like to select one edge of, along the entire object, to create a spline that conforms to the edge of the object.

How would one do that?

Tnx! :thumbsup:

Skonk
03-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Select 2 points (that form an edge) that you want to follow along the entire object, then hit Select > Loop (or press the Right cursor key).

jeric_synergy
03-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Select 2 points (that form an edge) that you want to follow along the entire object, then hit Select > Loop (or press the Right cursor key).
Thanks, but so far that hasn't worked:

.........aaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnddd, now it does. Grrrrr! (I swear, it was the first thing I tried.) Thanks for the help: no idea why it didn't work at first-- it wasn't even selecting the 'easy' loops.

::sigh::

Sensei
03-24-2012, 05:27 PM
So they are 2 point polys?

If they're quads- did you try merging points and unify polys prior select edge loop?

jeric_synergy
03-24-2012, 05:34 PM
see my update.

Sensei
03-24-2012, 05:37 PM
What for do you need 1.4 million points in 4rd layer?

jeric_synergy
03-24-2012, 05:50 PM
What for do you need 1.4 million points in 4rd layer?
Oh, ****e, I'm all over the place-- I thought I'd NEW'd that thing. (Here's the actual geometry I was testing.)

Sorry guys! Outta practice.

Anyway, it's working now-- I have no idea what the (selection) problem was before, I was using "Select Loop".

FWIW, that 1.4 million points was a Multiple Rail Extrude experiment that came a' cropper.