PDA

View Full Version : LW11 Interface Problem

DrStrik9
03-23-2012, 06:24 PM
I just installed LW11 yesterday, and began to migrate over and install 3rd-party plugins, etc today. All of a sudden (and I have NO idea why) my toolbar is GONE. I checked Prefs and it is indeed selected to BE there, but it is not there. When I turn OFF the toolbar, the space for it goes away, and when I turn the toolbar back on, the space returns, just NOT the toolbar.

Also, when I hit F2, LW11 bombs. (I don't remember what F2 is supposed to do, and since my tools are missing ...)

I hoped the problem would be remedied by trashing my LW11 Prefs files, but so far, this has not helped. Can someone please list ALL the locations for the LW11 prefs files on MacOS? :)

Thanks for any help.
Michael

DrStrik9
03-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Never mind ... found it. :) Problem solved.

DrStrik9
03-23-2012, 06:35 PM
I have found over and over that the simplest problem can be instantly solved by ASKING FOR HELP. As soon as you ask, you find the answer, and the problem is solved. hahahaha

Cageman
03-23-2012, 06:47 PM
"Rubberducking"

:)

TechnoBill
03-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Message deletes... sorry wrong area

greg.reyna
03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
I have found over and over that the simplest problem can be instantly solved by ASKING FOR HELP. As soon as you ask, you find the answer, and the problem is solved. hahahaha

That's for sure! I've got a new system where I open a BBEdit doc, save it to the Desktop, then write out my trouble. If the act of writing doesn't reveal the solution to me, the answer comes when editing, which naturally involves re-reading what I wrote. I guess this process forces my lazy self to think it through!:thumbsup: