PDA

View Full Version : record/capture a live production w/o the DSK

irfan
10-21-2003, 06:02 PM
can I record a live production w/o the DSK?

I'd like to be able to do this so that I can later fix up the overlaid graphics in TEd after the event and use potentially different overlay graphics.

As a real-world, I'd like to be able to have a bunch of logo's and burn-ins augmented with the word "Live" that I'd like to use for an upcoming North America wide live show. However, I'd like to release the DVD for the show without "Live" burnt in everywhere. I hope this is possible given that VT is a studio-in-a-box :)

Another example is mistakes or updates in the overlays that need to be cleanly corrected later.

Please kindly advise.

Irfan

Paul Lara
10-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Yes, you can.
If you record Main out instead of Program out, it will grab a 'clean' feed without any keys or downstream keys.

irfan
10-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Thanks again Paul.

matt gaughan
10-23-2003, 01:35 AM
Paul, do you mean "Main In"?

And doesn't that record without transitions?

Matt

Paul Lara
10-23-2003, 05:00 AM
Yes, I meant Main In, and yes again, it will record a clean feed with cuts between sources, instead of DVE's.

irfan
10-23-2003, 12:34 PM
I'm assuming that this means there is currently _no way_ to record live with simply the DSK removed? i.e. with transitions and all.

Because that was my question :)

Anyway, can we ask the Aliens to please look into the possibility of adding this feature? It sounds like it should be easy since the DSK should really by the very last operation in the live real-time comp. Dr. Cross, if you're reading this, can you please confirm the viability of this option irrespective of when you might fit into your schedule.

Can we request a feature whereby Main In can have two options or alternatively have a new option called "Pgm Out w/o DSK". I'm sure there's a technical term for this.

Again, my original example holds. Any comments or advice from others?

Irfan