PDA

View Full Version : surface preset library

Otterman
03-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Ok I recently upgraded to Lightwave 11 from 10. How do I go about transferring my own surface preset library?

Im using a mac and its not here....

/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D10.0/support/presets/Surface Editor

Surely I don't have to save out each and everyone from 10 and bring them into 11.....sheesh!

Any pointers appreciated.

Ta

wrench
03-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Have you tried ~/.NewTek/LightWave/10.0/presets/Surface Editor/Surface Preset/?

B
PS. That path is from my Windows PC, with the backslashes converted. Hopefully it will work for you.

Otterman
03-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Argh! I still dont know where my presets are...its not the location Wrenche suggested...thanks anyhoo.

The path is structured a little differently on the mac as explained in my first post. Anyone have another answer? Could they be stored elsewhere. I've searched but I'm drawing a blank so far

lertola2
03-29-2012, 07:48 PM
My lightwave 9 presets are in my_home_folder/Library/Application Support/LightWave3D/Presets/Surface Preset

It is annoying that the Mac find command will not find files in this directory or many others.

Otterman
03-30-2012, 06:15 AM
WooHoo found em. They were indeed buried in another library as yours are. Many thanks for pointing this out. I was banging my head against a brick wall...even searching 'presets' didnt point them out.

Thanks and have a good day.

BeeVee
03-30-2012, 05:12 PM
"my_home_folder/" can simply be replaced with "~". I wish it worked on Windows rather than "%USERNAME%". (If you use Directory Opus, which isn't available for the Mac, you can use ~).

B