PDA

View Full Version : Ready to upgrade, but how to specify $99 manual option?

SLAYER
10-21-2003, 05:42 PM
OK, I am ready to buy my upgrade right now, today, but how and where do I specify/pay for the $99.00 upgrade for manual, box and c.d?

I Want it to ship all together nice and neat in the box all together rather than download the upgrade and wait for this manual to come later.

Hopefully there will not be an issue with manuals on back-order like they were with 7.5.

Could somebody at Newtek let me know ASAP how to pay for all this? I guess this would be $594.00, but I do not see this option/price available on the site anywhere.

Thanks

hrgiger
10-21-2003, 06:17 PM
My guess is that the option will become available once the upgrade is ready to ship. However, I agree with you that I would too like to receive my package all together with box and manuals and software.

SLAYER
10-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I got another letter from Newtek today about how the offer will end as soon as it starts shipping. Could be tomorrow and it could be X-mas.

I want to do it now before I miss out, but they should have this as one of the pay options.

I saw it once before on their site rather than just word of mouth on these forums, so I know that it is a real option somehow, but now I cannot find it.

Newteks site can be pretty hard to find stuff at times.

Earl
10-22-2003, 09:53 AM
I simply called the NewTek sales line and had them add the box and manuals to my online upgrade order. They took care of it pretty quick.

Alan Daniels
10-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Yikes! Apparently I overlooked that particular piece of fine print in the upgrade price. I figured it would show up all boxed w a new manual, etc. Didn't realize that would be extra.

(Walks away grumbling to himself...)

SLAYER
10-24-2003, 05:55 PM
Bought it the other day and received this from Newtek today:

I am sending this in response to your request to purchase the LightWave 8 upgrade & your request for the manuals & CD's.
We are not offering the manuals & Cd's at this time. When you are notified that LW8 is available for download, there will be an option at that time to be able to purchase the manual & CD's.
I have placed your order for the upgrade & DFX+ pkg, it should be shipped today.
Respectfully
NewTek Sales