PDA

View Full Version : scene editor: select parent and child?

DavidLCarson
03-22-2012, 09:46 PM
I want to scale the keys of an object, and a child of that object. But there seems to be no way to select both of them for a single opperation. Is this true? Since there are so many options for selecting multiple objects, and even creating sets from them, it seems odd that I can't select a parent and its child. What am I missing?

nickdigital
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
If you go under Scale Keys you can "Scale Key Times for Selected Items..."

DavidLCarson
03-22-2012, 11:14 PM
Right. But the problem is, in LW 10.1 you can't select both the parent and a child. At least I can't see a way to do it.

Greenlaw
03-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Are you in the 'New' Scene Editor (now simply called Dope Sheet)? If so, just drag around the keys of both parent and child and drag the yellow edges to compress or stretch interactively. Alternatively, you can right click and enter a numeric time scale.

If you're using 'ancient' Scene Editor, I don't think it's ever worked that way. (One reason I stopped using it a decade or so ago.)

G.

RebelHill
03-23-2012, 02:13 AM
U can select both a parent and child... unless one is a different item type from the other... null/bone, etc.

Greenlaw
03-23-2012, 02:27 AM
U can select both a parent and child... unless one is a different item type from the other... null/bone, etc.
You can but, AFIK, you can't interactively time stretch two items at a time in 'old' Scene Editor. I believe you can only do this in the New Scene Editor.

Okay, now you have me wondering. I guess I should check...it's been a long time since I opened 'old' Scene Editor. :question:

Greenlaw
03-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Yeah, I just checked...interactive time-stretching for multiple selected objects is a New Scene Editor/Dope Sheet thing, not for 'old' Scene Editor.