PDA

View Full Version : LW 11 OBJ format export

Asciicodeplus
03-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Hi,

So I was playing around with LW11 and after modeling something using CK subdivision and freezing it to export it I noticed that the final OBJ is exported as 1 single part, even when inside LW there are multiple parts defined correctly. I tried tweaking the OBJ export options and noticed that the "OBJ ZBrush mode" option is gone, that fixed some issues with past LW versions regarding OBJ export for use in Poser and ZBrush.

Is this gonna be fixed before the final release or was something bugged now that the new implementation of this format is more "robust"?

TIA

Dexter2999
03-22-2012, 12:37 AM
I don't use ZBrush, this is just a question, did you try using GoZ?

Lewis
03-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Did you turned OFF "OBJ One Layer" option? I've exported lot of OBJs lately and they are preserved in multilayer system (in MAX and DeepExploration). But i have that option off .

Asciicodeplus
03-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I tried checking and unchecking the available OBJ options but still the same result, according to the help file (which is from LW 10 for some reason) the one layer option is for when you import OBJs not for the export.

Lewis
03-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Which program are you importing the mesh ? Like i said it works fine in MAX and DeepExploration. I didn't have other programs to test there so maybe it's your target application issue ?

Asciicodeplus
03-22-2012, 02:47 AM
I've tried 2 programs, Poser and LW11 itself, as in opening the exported OBJ. So this is what happens, I create a prop lets say a sphere, then assign a surface name and a part name to some of the polygons and then export it as an OBJ, in both poser and lw the obj lost the part name and the surface is the same for all the poligons so don't know whats happening, I even unistalled the trial and reinstalled it again, same result.