PDA

View Full Version : Free Rigging Plugin

leandropedrouzo
03-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi guys! It's me again.
I posted the second free plugin in my brand new blog.
As I promised, It's a rigging plugin.
Go check it out:

http://lwplugins.blogspot.com/

Hope you like it, let me now!

vector
03-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Very nice. Thank you

Vector

rcallicotte
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks! These two together certainly look promising.

RebelHill
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Hmmm... that mesh looks mighty familiar...

(L, Profe, R, RHuman)

;)

That said... its a nice simple lil rigger for sure, so nice one. (however not the most efficient foot rig going I cant help but add)

rcallicotte
03-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Haven't tried it yet, RH. What are you seeing?

(L, Profe, R, RHuman)

;)

That said... its a nice simple lil rigger for sure, so nice one. (however not the most efficient foot rig going I cant help but add)

RebelHill
03-21-2012, 02:57 PM
nothing particular... there's lots of different design possibilities for a rig. Its simple sure, but overall I think its nice. I had thought to do a simple rigger (different in design to RHiggit) at some point (though its pretty far down my list), just for fun more than anything, and this fits much the same sort of bill.

I must confess I do enjoy watching as it builds the rig and u see all the controllers, etc springing into existance, its quite fun.

leandropedrouzo
03-21-2012, 08:02 PM

(L, Profe, R, RHuman)

;)

Ha ha! I knew I used someone elseīs model to make a simpler one but I didn't remember who. I gave you credit on the blog. It makes sense now, since I started developing this plugin after we tried a lot of different riggers.
About 6-7 years ago the studio where I work bought the Maestro plugin, and one guy was put in charge of rigging. He used the Maestro plugin, and did some coding over it using the "extended language" Maestro allowed. After a couple of years the result was that rigs were difficult to set up and so heavy/slow to use. Since the studio does TV commercials, it was a lot of work and a lot of time for characters you will use for some weeks and then never again. Plus, he was the only guy who really understood the rigging process. So, I got tired of all this stuff and also got tired of doing, by hand, the same old simple rigs over and over...
We tried some other alternatives, but we needed something simpler.
About the foot, I'm not saying it's the best solution ever, but it works really well, I never run into problems with it, neither the 2 animators at the studio.
I will try to post some examples of work done with this rig.
Nevertheless, It's ok if you don't like it, i'm not trying to convince you.:D
Like you said, there are lot of possibilities in design terms.

PS: donīt stare at the control when they are spawning, it's highly addictive!!

geo_n
03-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks again. Can't wait to try it. You're right about having lightweight rigs. Can be a time saver in lightwave. Both complex and lightweight rigs have their place. Lets see how many rigs lw can handle with this autorigger.
Pose picker looks interesting. It looks like similar functionality to maestro. That was another thing I like about maestro, besides the dopesheet and animation system. Sadly maestro is still bugged in lw 11. Just wondering if it will work on different sized rigs and the pose autofit like a pose retargetting.

OFF
03-22-2012, 01:52 AM
interesting and simple solution, I understand correctly - it is only fitting for the bones of a character?
how does it work? After fitting the bones under the character. how do I remove modifiers - manually? ))

erikals
03-22-2012, 02:08 AM
neat :]

(Pose picker seems cool too... curious to how it works)

RebelHill
03-22-2012, 03:11 AM
So, I got tired of all this stuff and also got tired of doing, by hand, the same old simple rigs over and over...

Totally!!!

Folk always say to me "You must really enjoy rigging"...

Umm... no, that's why I did my damndest to automate the process, lol.

Really like the picker though, there hasnt been a simple, available one for LW for some years now, so thats a great addition.

cheers.

vector
03-22-2012, 03:55 AM
Once upon a time it was a character picker by Jacobo Barreiro :) and the T4D one...

Vector

leandropedrouzo
03-22-2012, 06:15 AM
interesting and simple solution, I understand correctly - it is only fitting for the bones of a character?
how does it work? After fitting the bones under the character. how do I remove modifiers - manually? ))
After you adjusted the bones you run the plugin and it will do everithing else for you :rock:

neat :]

(Pose picker seems cool too... curious to how it works)
mmm...let me see if I can make a short video about it in the next few days

ericsmith
03-23-2012, 09:22 AM
About 6-7 years ago the studio where I work bought the Maestro plugin, and one guy was put in charge of rigging. He used the Maestro plugin, and did some coding over it using the "extended language" Maestro allowed. After a couple of years the result was that rigs were difficult to set up and so heavy/slow to use.

I'm sorry (and a bit surprised) to hear that. In my experience, I can get realtime playback as long as my meshes don't go over around 5k polys or so, and I actually try and keep my proxy meshes around 2.5k polys. And as far as setup goes, aligning bones and creating morphs should be 90-95% of the work, which will need to be done regardless.

I suppose if you're trying to get multiple rigged characters in one scene, then going with a very simple rig might be the best path though.

Eric

silviotoledo
06-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Tried it and it has SYMETRY :) cool! just don't know how to disable that.

A video is required Mr. Leandro Pedrouzo

erikals
06-12-2012, 07:54 PM
sorry i haven't been able to check 'em out yet... :\

Netvudu
06-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I tried the Autorig and it worked nicely. I wanted to try the Item Picker too, but it needs someone to recompile it on 64 bits as the current one just works on 32 bits which I donīt even install anymore...

leandropedrouzo
06-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Netvudu, I'm still trying to find a copy of the source for IPP, since the original files were lost when I suffered a robbery. I lost a hard drive and 2 pen drives, which had the original project and the copies. The compiled version was at work so I was able to post it. Unfortunately I don't think I have a copy of the source files, otherwise I would have find it by now.