PDA

View Full Version : I gots me a plan.

KissMyGrits
10-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Ok, bare with me here. I've been thinking about this for a while, if it's totally out of line lemme know. Get this: Time independent from the frame slider. I don't know if it's been done, or tried, and hell if I'm going to look, but itsounds like a good idea to me. Just think about it. The time could be disassociated from the slider by a checkbox or something, or just by changing it, and could then be manipulated in the graph editor. The purpose of this would be to allow for easier mass-manipulation of key-frame positions on the frame slider. All we've got now (as far as I know) is Shift/Scale Keys and the option of moving them entirely manually. But hasn't anybody else ever wanted to taper key-frames? Something it would seem a simply TCB-Spline would cure, but there is seemingly no way of applying said spline. This would open up all kinds of manipulation options. Imagine multiple time scales in a single scene. In retrospect, this would probably be more functionally feasable as a speed curve... If anybody has heard of the existence of any helpful plug-in, or just any discussion of this type please let me know, and any input on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Dodgy
10-21-2003, 04:56 PM
http://www.tufflittleunit.com/

Try 3d timewarp...

KissMyGrits
10-21-2003, 06:54 PM
$95?! Looks cool, but I'm gonna need more of an explanation than:
3D Timewarper for Lightwave 7.5 enables you to remove time/frame contraints on your camera / camera rig and animate the frame rate independantly.

The plugin features both standard Camera warping and Blur warping plus an easy to use preview playbar and is controlled by a standard envelope.
I was looking for something that could be used to manipulating the position of key frames along the timeslider independantly, anyway, but thanks for the link, some good blur there.

meshmaster
10-22-2003, 07:54 AM
If this was in 8.5 I'd probably upgrade from 7.5c.

KissMyGrits
10-22-2003, 04:07 PM
You guys lemme know what you think of this! Is there some E-mail suggestion box for LW 8? I'm going to look for a while. I get the impression that this is not a dumb idea, so let me know!

KissMyGrits
10-22-2003, 04:21 PM
We also need multi-camera rendering!!!

Jarno
10-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by KissMyGrits
Looks cool, but I'm gonna need more of an explanation than:

The documentation is online. That'll give you a more detailed explanation.

Basically it does what you suggested. You can use the graph editor to set up what time it should be for any frame in the animation. The plugin actually changes what LW thinks the time is, so time-dependent expressions for example are affected as well. That is not something you'd get if you just changed the position of the keyframes.

The Timewarp plugin can also leave the camera motion unaffected, and manipulate motion blur so that you can for example "freeze" the motion blur along with the scene.

---JvdL---