PDA

View Full Version : What's up with NT Customer Service?

DrStrik9
03-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Have the NT customer service team taken an extended vacation? Or are they short-handed and/or swamped?

Nine days ago (March 12, 2012), I called their office to upgrade to LW11. But after 30+ minutes on hold, I gave up ... no big deal, really, but I still DO wish to upgrade to LW11.

There are no options for Hardcore members in NT's online store, which I was since early in CORE's history, for getting the HC reduced upgrade price for LW11. So it seems a phone call is necessary. I'm just not willing to use up all my cellphone minutes on hold! :)

I have a few questions at this point (and I hope they will reply before my "60-day grace period" is over).

(1) I cannot find on my LW registration page whether I am a "Charter" HC member, or a "Post-Charter" HC member. According to the pdf I received, this makes a difference on the price I will pay for the LW11 upgrade.

(2) As a former HC member, how do I make the proper upgrade purchase without sitting for hours on hold?

(3) And how long must I wait before they finally read my email and call me back?

Thanks for any insight into this puzzle.
Michael

SBowie
03-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Or are they short-handed and/or swamped?Maybe that, Michael. I can't respond for CS, but I do know that they brought extra staff on to help with the load. I apologize for the wait, for what little comfort that might be. Send me a PM with your contact details and Product ID, and I'll follow up personally in the morning tomorrow.

DrStrik9
03-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks, Steve; will do. :)

DrStrik9
03-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Calling Customer Service on the phone is like waiting for the polar ice caps to melt. It might happen eventually, but I just don't have that many minutes left on my phone this month. Sigh.

SBowie
03-22-2012, 10:00 AM
It would be interesting to see if email is any better these days ...

DrStrik9
03-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Well, well! It is all sorted! Thanks again, Steve. :+)

SBowie
03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Un plaisir, mon ami ...