PDA

View Full Version : TinTin's coat.

RebelHill
03-20-2012, 12:06 PM
So watching TinTin with a friend (didnt see it in cine), there's this shot in the first few minutes when he arrives back at his flat, and takes off his coat, one arm at a time, and drapes it over a chair.

"OH MY GOD!!!" I cry out, standing straight up. "What, what" asks my friend.

"Didnt you SEE... he took off his COAT!!" I gesticulate.

*Blank stare*

Civilians... they just DONT get it do they.

zardoz
03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
lol I went to see tintin to the theatre with my workmates (all 3d geeks) and we had the same reaction ahaha

rcallicotte
03-20-2012, 12:26 PM
LOL Can't wait to see it...

Castius
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Lol

XswampyX
03-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Seems you weren't the only one to notice. :)

http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/03/15/weta-digital-on-the-making-of-the-adventures-of-tintin/

Weta first tried just solving the visible clothing, but found that it didn’t quite look correct. “We ended up going for full coupled solutions where everything was solved,” says Clutterbuck. “Tintin might enter with his trench coat on, then take it off and toss it onto the back of a chair, and continue the scene wearing the rest of his costume,” says Clutterbuck. “We had to handle this level of complexity where we had all these variations of costume elements and they had to solve coupled. We hadn’t really done anything that complicated before in terms of clothes.”

Unbelievable.

Lol!

Iain
03-20-2012, 12:53 PM
I actually felt like that most of the way through.
The motorcycle sequence is jawdropping.

The pacing wasn't quite as effective as the cg and acting though. Surprising given the director.

And erm, lol.

allabulle
03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I was in awe too. A friend explained me calmly that "they have top notch computers" after noticing my agitation about the coat. Even if he knows I work doing "something like that, isn't it?" :)

So funny you commented that too, RebelHill. And thanks for the quote XswampyX.

silviotoledo
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Also saw it last week and the cloth solver is impressive. No flic. Perfect. So high level.

3D sometimes looks like real. We believe there's big nose actors :).

Does the villian use Spielberg's face?

The film is also really good.

inakito
03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Supreme film actually!!!

biliousfrog
03-21-2012, 02:15 AM
I watched it last night and was suitably stunned. I think that I can safely say that it was the best CG film I've seen to date, the characters were simply amazing. There were times where I almost convinced myself that they'd used real actors in places, it was my girlfriend who pulled me out of it by asking, "is this all computer generated?"...to which I replied with a confused "Yes :stumped: "

I really wish that I'd seen it at the cinema, the bike chase was epic.

zardoz
03-21-2012, 05:34 AM
the only 'bad' thing I have to say about the movie is that I watched the english version and I grew up reading the books with the original french names. Snowy, Thomson and Thompson, etc sound really wierd because the dog is milou and the 'twins' are dupont.

jesusguijarro
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
So watching TinTin with a friend (didnt see it in cine), there's this shot in the first few minutes when he arrives back at his flat, and takes off his coat, one arm at a time, and drapes it over a chair.

"OH MY GOD!!!" I cry out, standing straight up. "What, what" asks my friend.

"Didnt you SEE... he took off his COAT!!" I gesticulate.

*Blank stare*

Civilians... they just DONT get it do they.

I'm working in cloth simulations for an incoming film and when I saw that scene my jaw drop, later on I have to disconnect and simply enjoy the film.