GeekNews
03-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Would love to have the following features for IVGA

Hot Keys for Zoom = f2,f3,f4,f5
Zoom Hold = f6
Zoom Follow Mouse =f7

kanep
03-20-2012, 01:14 PM
The iVGA tool does have keyboard shortcuts for zoom (you can't see it on the client end, but it zooms on the TriCaster end). However, the shortcut keys requires keys from the numpad, which can be hard to do on some laptops.

Another tool that you can use longside iVGA is 'ZoomIt'.

It allows you to zoom the display, and you can see it from the client end. The mouse wheel will allow you to change the zoom level. It also has drawing tools so you can draw on the screen to highlight. The tool is free and can be downloaded from here.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434

GeekNews
03-23-2012, 09:58 AM
I am a one man show, so it would sure be nice to have single click zoom features.. I will check out the application you linked here.

joseburgos
03-23-2012, 01:40 PM
FYI: OSX has something like this built-into it

Kane,
Cool program and its free and its from Microsoft, sweet :)

joseburgos
03-24-2012, 08:26 AM
So on OSX, its alt+command+8 to turn on and off zoom. Then its alt+command+- or = to set zoom out and in level. You can also change the option to follow mouse as well as some other features like enable mouse wheel to set zoom level.
All settings and hot keys are in System Pref, Universal Access.

Take care,

kanep
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Windows 7 (and probably Vista as well) also have built in zoom. Shortcut key is 'Windows +' (really I guess it is the equals key, but that key also has the plus sign on it as well) to zoom in and 'Windows -' to zoom out. It also has smooth zooming like OSX has.

Still like ZoomIt for the drawing tools (and it works on XP as well).

kanep
03-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Of course, I just tried this and now I remember why I don't use the Windows 7 zoom. It only works this way when Aero is active. iVGA disables Aero and then the zoom feature works like the older Windows XP zooming support (zoom bar at the top of the screen).