PDA

View Full Version : Endomorph Problems

alkart2003
03-18-2012, 03:50 PM
I created a morph in modeler but when I open it in layout and apply morph mixer it says there are no morphs. Can any body help?

SteveH
03-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Not much to go on. Can you list the exact steps you did and then it might be easier to trouble shoot what you might have done wrong.

evenflcw
03-18-2012, 04:11 PM
When you created the morphs, did you create them as relative or absolute? To my knowledge Layout\MorphMixer still does not support absolute morphs. You should be able to convert from one to the other through some manual work or find a script that does it.

EDIT: SteveH's advice is a good one! Otherwise all we can do is guess among one of the many things that might have gone wrong. Wasting both your time aswell as our.

alkart2003
03-18-2012, 10:45 PM
I created an eyeball and made a new morph for the pupil to dilate. I used relative. It worked changing from base to morph. I then saved it and opened it in layout and applied morphmixer. When I do that it shows no morphs. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Greenlaw
03-19-2012, 12:57 AM
When you bring the object back into Modeler, are the morphs still there?

Greenlaw
03-19-2012, 01:05 AM
How are you bringing the object into Layout? Are you using the Hub? If so, MorphMixer may not immediately recognize that there are embedded morphs. In this case, you need to close the scene and reopen it for the Endomorphs to be picked up by MorphMixer.

If it's 'no' on the Hub issue, I'm stumped. (Sidenote: I finally stopped using the Hub last year. I was a longtime supporter of the Hub because it's actually been very reliable for me and I found the benefits outweighed the risks. Maybe I just had 10 years of good luck but that was my experience. But I stopped using it when the new 'auto-update' feature was introduced in LW 10.x, and found that the new system was actually more reliable for updating internal changes to a model, like Endomorphs, weight maps, Joint Morphs, etc. If you're like how I used to be and prefer running with the Hub, it may be time to give it up.)

Surrealist.
03-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Yeah it is usually something like that. At least try and just open it up in Layout in a fresh scene and skip the hub altogether. Sometimes the hub can be a bit flaky.