PDA

View Full Version : Sunsky Plugin Reflection issue

HolyMonkey-
03-16-2012, 03:47 AM
Sunsky Plugin Reflection

I've added some windows that are pretty simple just added reflection, and I've added a sunsky in the background. I wonder why sunsky is just completely black in the reflections. You can clearly see it in the environment around but in reflections it's just not showing. I cant understand why it's excluded. Reflection is set to raytracing + backdrop.

The place where I am at is too strict on the firewall and I cant use imageshack to upload image, anyone know another way of uploading an image?

3DGFXStudios
03-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Yes just use the forum to upload an image?

dpont
03-16-2012, 04:50 AM
I don't think that your reflection issue is caused
by a procedural texture, rather your surface or object
flags settings.

Denis.

HolyMonkey-
03-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Great.. thanks haha

http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102687&stc=1&d=1331904909

Look at the windows, just pure blakc where there suppose to be a blue tinted sky.

dpont
03-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Great.. thanks haha
...Look at the windows, just pure blakc where there suppose to be a blue tinted sky.

and your settings are..?

Denis.

Sensei
03-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Perhaps your Render Globals > RayTrace Reflections is turned off?

HolyMonkey-
03-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Perhaps your Render Globals > RayTrace Reflections is turned off?

Sorry for this immense lack of presenting my settings hehe, uhhh. I dont have the scenefile here but it's normal radisoity settings, I do not know if I ticked on "reflection" in the GI but since there is reflection from environtment shouldn't this be active?

I'll post the settings as soon as possible. Possibly on monday. I have to do some short travelling during the weekend.

Surrealist.
03-16-2012, 02:50 PM
As far as I understand it. the GI setting for reflection should not affect the reflection. It would just add reflection to the GI mix.

As for figuring out your problem. Try and just load one object and surface into a blank scene and get it to work with reflecting the sky and then gradually try and figure out what is different about your scene. If you can not make it work with a simple object, first then there is something very simple and basic to be adjusted. When you sort that out, it will make the bigger scene easier to debug.

HolyMonkey-
03-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Thats a pretty good workflow, thanks a bunch! I got a new thread coming up, please check it out. =) E're you go! I'll get back to you on this thread on monday once I have the scene.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?p=1229565#post1229565