PDA

View Full Version : Free Picker plugin

leandropedrouzo
03-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello wavers!
I'm starting a blog to share with you some of the plugins (scripts) I wrote over the past few years.
The first one I posted is a very useful (at least to me) Picker. Go check it out!

http://lwplugins.blogspot.com/

This one is to keep animators happy, but the next one is for the riggers!

Hope you like it, let me now!

geo_n
03-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for your generosity. I have to test this with Rhiggit!

RebelHill
03-16-2012, 05:16 AM
Wow yes... looks lovely, gonna have to try it out for sure.

geo_n
03-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Just tested. This is really great! Really thanks for this. :thumbsup:

biliousfrog
03-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Just tested. This is really great! Really thanks for this. :thumbsup:

Isn't that the picker from Maestro?...it's definitely the same graphic in the window.

leandropedrouzo
03-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I believe that geo used the BG image from Maestro and put it my picker.
I'm glad you are liking it!
More plugins soon.

geo_n
03-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes only because I didn't have any decent bg image to test. :D
This picker is free though so really useful to everybody.
One thing I'm not sure is does this masterplugin crash lwsn?

Castius
03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
I hate to say it. But it's in poor taste you use that background image.
I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it. However i would think it would be nicer to the Maestro developer to use a different background if you're going to show it working.

Maestro is also a lot more than a picker so this might misrepresent his product. if taken out of context. :D

Castius
03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Looks nice leandropedrouzo
Looking forward to what you have coming next.

geo_n
03-16-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it. However i would think it would be nicer to the Maestro developer to use a different background if you're going to show it working.

Maestro is also a lot more than a picker so this might misrepresent his product. if taken out of context. :D

Yes didn't mean anything about it. Maestro is more than a picker and an autorigger. Its an animation system and a really good one with a clever dopesheet and multifunction control hotspot. Wish we had one in 3dmax. Apologies to those concerned.

RebelHill
03-16-2012, 01:57 PM
speaking of which... where is Eric. Did he do one, or is he hiding out in the secret lair, putting together something new (and awesome)?

leandropedrouzo
03-16-2012, 03:14 PM
geo, it shouldn't crash lwsn. At the studio we use Butterfly and never had any problems with it.
Here is the picker at work:

geo_n
03-16-2012, 11:44 PM
geo, it shouldn't crash lwsn. At the studio we use Butterfly and never had any problems with it.
Here is the picker at work:

I've tried it in butterfly pro there's indeed no issue. I haven't tried with amleto yet.
The new network controller I'm using though has an issue with it. :devil:
Its a very minor issue though since it takes a sec to remove picker in master plugins and you can load it back anytime.

erikals
03-17-2012, 07:48 AM
speaking of which... where is Eric...
not sure if he is working on any plugin related stuff, but he did make a LW3D animation not too long ago...

rikka+
03-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Wow.. amazing plugin!
Just testing and it works very well.
Thank you :)

rcallicotte
03-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks so much!

ericsmith
03-23-2012, 09:15 AM

Maestro is also a lot more than a picker so this might misrepresent his product. if taken out of context.

Hey Castius, I appreciate you looking out for me, but I really don't mind at all in this context. I think based on the content of this thread, no one is going to confuse the two plugins.

speaking of which... where is Eric. Did he do one, or is he hiding out in the secret lair, putting together something new (and awesome)?

I'm still around, but I'm mostly lurking at the moment. After spending a couple of years earning virtually nothing while I dedicated most of my time to my animated kids show, right now my biggest priority is survival, along with trying to get sales moving on the dvd (which unfortunately, isn't happening yet).

I will say that one of my side projects is looking at developing a movie that has human characters. If anyone has been following along, there was some controversy regarding the character design on my previous project, so I want to try something more conventional. So this is making me take another look at my advanced biped rig, kind of going back to the drawing board and seeing what I can do with all that I've learned in the past two years.

But I don't want to highjack this thread, so back to talking about item pickers...

Eric

Julez4001
06-29-2012, 12:28 AM
I can't get it to run?

Julez4001
06-29-2012, 09:41 PM
The error I get was

"Was compiled for thsi architecture"

get it in 10.1 and 11, also win32 bit

Julez4001
06-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Okay. I figured it out.
This script is suppose to be accessed from Master Plugin under Utilities.

Kevbarnes
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi leandropedrouzo

LW 11.0.1
Have tried your plug-in -- really great. I have found however that it cant see the first bone in a hierarchy.

When setting up the ItemPickerEditor and selecting the first bone to make a box, the editor persists with an entry of the Parent object. selecting the next bone2 is fine and selecting multiple bones including bone1 works fine.

Is this because of changes in 11.0.1

Is it possible for you to update the plug-in.
it would be much appreciated.

Regards Kevin

JamesCurtis
07-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Has anyone tried it with LW 11.0.2 which just came out?

Julez4001
02-25-2015, 12:31 AM
Just found this thread (again from 2012) and will give it a go with Genoma and Rhigg It!.

Kevbarnes
02-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Try su_PoseClip

Here is a link to a previous thread
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?131753-Pose-Saver/page3&highlight=pose+clip