PDA

View Full Version : Free model of concept SUV

fazi69
03-15-2012, 01:06 PM
This time I have some study on useless concept of Sport Utility Vehicle.
Kind Evoque looking but based on useless Chevy Volt. Model is free and can be used in any way You like except selling.

Eric Walters
03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Thanks that is very nice!

Bill Carey
03-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Useless Chevy Volt? Who wouldn't want a $40,000+ electric car that runs on gas most of the time? People are lining up to buy this vehicle (not).

Very nice gift, thank you!

fazi69
03-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Useless Chevy Volt? Who wouldn't want a $40,000+ electric car that runs on gas most of the time? People are lining up to buy this vehicle (not).

It was one of the biggest disappointments for sure. There was a chance to make nice electric car but it seems that "big oil" is still too powerful. They made it that way to have excuse that " nobody wants electric cars..." It is repeated like mantra that batteries are too small and range is limited .... hey .... why car just can`t swap batteries on "gas stations" ? Is it so hard to make standardization of such module ? Just change battery like in camera and drive away while recharged module from your car will be ready in few hours for someone else. ( if You need additional range in longer trips )
But still now days it is a lot more economic to buy small diesel. Typical European turbodiesel can make 42 MPG in mixed environment. New "blue" VW and Audis can make 55 MPG !!
I have 2003 Renault Scenic 1.5DCI and 40-43 MPG is my average fuel consumption. Even driving 100% in city it will be hard to make less than 35 MPG.