PDA

View Full Version : TA Morph Split ranty rant

stiff paper
03-15-2012, 09:39 AM
So. I wanted to buy TA_MorphSplit... wait, no... I wanted to donate $5 to "the Kaze Grassroots Feature Film Fund!" so that I could have TA_MorphSplit as a free "gift."

http://loupguru.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_11&products_id=43

So I clicked the button, as you do, and it turns out that you can't actually "donate" to "the Kaze Grassroots Feature Film Fund!" unless you give T.A. the full details of your name, address, 'phone number, shoe size, preferred color of underwear, social security number, house keys and wife, and install a webcam in every room of your house so he can monitor you at all times.

WTF.

Seriously. It's an lscript. I want to buy an lscript for $5. Why do you need my telephone number? What's wrong with PayPal?

And is there any way for you to contact them? No. Because they're all, like, private...

Ahem.

I may have drifted slightly off the point. Sorry.

All I really wanted to ask, before I got carried away, was:-

Does anybody know of any other automated way of doing what TA_MorphSplit does? I can't find anything else, and it is useful.

geo_n
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
I bought his tools long time ago with paypal I think after checkout.
His morph split and posecopy tools are essential for me and works on rhiggit.
I never tried TA Baked Animation Transfer if it worked to retarget motion to another rig. Anyone knows?

RebelHill
03-15-2012, 11:34 AM
nope... dont know... (re transfer)

but morfsplit and pose tools Ive found indespensible, and no... dont know of anything else that'll do it.

Card... why not just enter any ol ribbish in those fileds?? as long as the payment goes through u should get ur plugs.

Dexter2999
03-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Card... why not just enter any ol ribbish in those fileds?? as long as the payment goes through u should get ur plugs.

I love entering "First Name= Nonya, Last Name=Business"...and it goes downhill from there.

Then from time to time you get junk mail that says in the subject line "Dear Nonya" or "Dear Mr Business".

stiff paper
03-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Ah... so it's PayPal after the tell-me-everything-about-yourself bit?

Thanks guys. I think I can feel a bout of inventive and implausible personal information coming on...

Greenlaw
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
I agree with RH--all the TA tools I purchased are worth far more than the suggested donation. I've even found a few 'unintended' uses that I find absolutely essential in my workflow. FWIW, I've never had any trouble with Mr. Albee abusing info I may have sent him.

G.

Nicolas Jordan
03-15-2012, 08:19 PM
I downloaded all the TA tools for free before Mr Albee required a donation to acquire them. :neener: :D

nikfaulkner
03-16-2012, 05:11 AM
yep they used to be free (but i lost them in a hard drive crash) i then bought them and the license clearly states that "you are free to share them" interesting policy by mr albee....

or he's not updated the readme since they were free

kyuzo
03-16-2012, 06:28 AM
Hey Cardboard,

This worked for me in 9.6 a while ago... Needs a little bit of set-up, but once that's done it's quite quick (as far as manual methods go).

Derek

Ma3rk
03-29-2012, 07:15 PM
I just purchased/donated to acquire TA MorphSplit today and the checkout process worked fine. I often don't use PayPal but decided to this time and no problem.

ericsmith
10-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Hey, I just tried to get this plugin, and Timothy's site is nothing but PHP errors.

Anyone know what's going on, and/or how I can get ahold of TA MorphSplit?

Eric

jwiede
10-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Looks like Mr. Albee needs to check his site, something has gone horribly awry. I really hope he restores the site, as those tools address significant lacks in LW's native posing/animation toolbox (such as it is).

(edit) Crud, and while I have others, I just realized I don't have TA_MorphSplit (anymore, anyway). Maybe the wayback machine can help...nope, no captures from when it was freely available, alas.

Greenlaw
10-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Something like this happened to our website about a month ago--it was weird because all our data was still on the server but the .php code had stopped working with any browser. We called our provider and they looked into it immediately. The problem had to do with an update to their server that prevented .php from being read, and they fixed the problem within the hour.

Maybe this is what's happened to Timothy Albee's website?

G.

Sensei
10-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Hey, I just tried to get this plugin, and Timothy's site is nothing but PHP errors.

Server admins probably updated PHP..

But his script was using depreciated function, so that's effect..

Spinland
01-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know whether this script is compatible with LW11? I was researching it a little after some searching seemed to show it was the go-to solution for this procedure. Now after reading Sensei's comment above about deprecated functions I'm hesitant to get it.

Thanks in advance!

Sensei
01-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Website didn't load in browser.
But that was year ago.
Now it's loading.

Spinland
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Ah, okay: so it was the website using the deprecated functions, not the TA script?

Sensei
01-26-2013, 04:18 PM
PHP is script language to build websites...

It has nothing to do with LW.

Spinland
01-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Cool. Thanks for the clarification, off to get the script then. :)

Spinland
01-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Nope, site is still broken. You can't actually go to the checkout from your shopping cart, you get a fatal PHP error and it dumps you back to the login page. Don't see any means for contacting them to tell them, either.

ON EDIT: I used my real info to register, and got a welcome email containing the email address I needed. Just sent Timothy a heads up.

digitaldoc
01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
The buy function is still down anyway. I have tried several time to purchase the vertex map copier.
Wrote to Mr Albee and no response.

erikals
01-27-2013, 11:50 AM
login seems to not work atm...

Spinland
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Maybe they're working on it. One can hope.