PDA

View Full Version : Mac iVGA / Tricaster Pro Problem

Lee-AVP
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Okay, back in SD land this coming weekend, and I have a Mac laptop at the podium. Trying to pull the iVGA in, and what we get is a black screen. Occasionally, a distorted tile of video will crop up. Occasionally, the EXT input will flash and crawl. Occasionally a blinking blip of white dead center in the screen. But for the most part, solid black.

The Tricaster says it sees the laptop, and says 'connected.' The Laptop says "Streaming Monitor 1 to Tricaster." So everything should be good.

And, add this: If I put it in Privacy mode, the privacy mode graphic comes up no problem.

Desktop resolution is currently [email protected], but I've tried 1024x768 and even 800x600 with the exact same problems.

Help?

Right now, the plan is to let the presenter use my PC laptop on Friday. She does not like this solution.

Is there any chance that there is an issue between the brand spankin' new Mac iVGA and the several years old Tricaster Pro software?

Lee-AVP
03-15-2012, 01:56 PM
I am... baffled.

I am now trying other laptops - PCs that have used iVGA a dozen times a piece - and they're stuck on Secondary Monitor. Primary monitor is grayed out.

What changed?

Lee-AVP
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Copied the old iVGA from the TricasterPro on to the PC laptop. Can now get primary display selected, but get a black screen with no video. Tried multiple resolutions and display modes. I get "connected" and NightRider lights bouncing, no problem. Firewalls turned off everywhere, IP addresses in same range.

Moving on to the fourth laptop. Not sure how the Pro could have a broken 'ivga receiver' but that sure seems to be the case. Powering up the 850 in the other room right now to see what we can see.

Lee-AVP
03-15-2012, 02:38 PM
For those playing along at home... fired up first try on another laptop. So, crisis averted for tomorrow.

I have no idea what the common thread of problems between the first three machines is. Maybe a video chipset, or something.

Bruce Braun
04-09-2012, 07:57 PM
If you find an answer, please call or contact me. My PC with IVGA works fine;
if I use exactly the same setup with my macbook pro, NET 1 sees the Mac, but also will only display a black screen.
Bruce, [email protected]
or call 434-610-3752
Thanks!