PDA

View Full Version : Reflection from 3d max for livset

gezir
03-13-2012, 11:18 AM
hi
what format support for liveset tricaster.
and how can i get reflection in liveset editor from psd format?

joseburgos
03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
LiveSet Editor or Virtual Set Editor?
And there is no plug-in for MAX but this only matters with Standard Def model TriCasters and not XD models.

Take care,

gezir
03-18-2012, 05:46 AM
i am using tricaster 850 and i have virtual set editor. how can i get reflection from input B to floor?

joseburgos
03-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Study the PSD sample files that come with VSE in Photoshop. Between the manual and these examples, you should get it.
If not, write back or even if you don't understand the photoshop layers.
Take care,

gezir
11-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Hello
i checked but Reflection layer and input B it's only one layer
if you have samale plz send me

jmmultex
11-18-2012, 05:41 PM
To make a reflection on the floor, take the layer named "INPUT A", duplicate it, rename the duplicate to "INPUT A", flip it vertically, and move the solid (or EXR) box image so it is positioned beneath the original "Input A" box image. You can then adjust the transparency and mask out parts of this duplicated "INPUT A" image to yield a believable reflection image.

Let me know if this makes sense to you...

Best,
John

joseburgos
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I posted this in another thread but figure it would help this one as well and sorry in advance for double posting;
Just a tip, if you save off your different "layers" you would need to add any LiveSet magic texture onto out of Lightwave with alpha, you can then use it in your PSD project.
Example:
You model and render a desk which you want the desktop to be reflective. So you render off the desk by itself with alpha to use a layer and then you render off just the desktop with alpha. You load the rendered desk into your PSD project over the background. Then you open the desktop only render (oh and save as PNG not EXR the desktop). Now use PS selection tool to select just the desktop (I like to use magic wand to select the empty transparent section and then invert the selection). Next save the selecting and give it the name desktop. Now switch back to your LiveSet project tab and copy and paste in the LiveSet magic image (I like to keep it in a separate open project tab to constantly copy and paste it). Now drop down selection menu and load. Choose the desktop selection and then invert the selection. Now press the delete button and you have the magic surface only on the desktop. I manually rotate, scale, change perspective, on the magic surface before using the load selection menu to simulate the reflection. I do this for reflection that look good to the eye but not necessarily a perfectly true reflection (I render true reflections directly out of LW when I need them). Next I go back to the rendered desk PS layer and then load selection desktop again. I copy and paste and move this rendered desktop only portion of the desk render over the magic surface reflection layer. I then decrease the transparency of this layer to something like 12%. This exposes the magic surface layer below it and allows me better control of the reflection. Last is to rename it Input A. I repeat this process for other reflections including if the set has a plasma screen with the difference naming it Input B. All refection magic surface texture layers go under the copy and paste of the rendered desktop layer with the transparecy lowered.

Anyway a small Christmas tip to help in making reflection in your LiveSet

gregcook
10-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Hi there Jose, long time! has there been any development within VSE supporting shadows? and do your reflections rendered from LW have all the correct perspective?
thanks

joseburgos
10-07-2013, 04:48 PM
No shadows Sir.

Yes they do have correct perspective using DP Kit plug-in and a custom node flow I made.