PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9 Preview Window

jaxtone
03-13-2012, 09:15 AM
How can I do to get a preview window with 16:9 after I pressed F9 in Lightwave! At the moment I can only get 4:3 and it looks weird!

JamesCurtis
03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
If you're talking render preview, check your setting in the Camera Properties panel. Make sure a resolution with a 16:9 ratio is selected. HD's should work.

dwburman
03-13-2012, 06:21 PM
If you're rendering NTSC or PAL widescreen, those are both anamorphic formats that have the same number of pixels as 4:3 images, but the pixels are stretched when displayed. As far as I know, LW's image viewer only shows pixels as square so the image looks stretched vertically.

Photoshop and After Effects (and other compositing apps) can preview the correct aspect ratios on these files, but it isn't perfect.

jaxtone
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Hi!

But in the Camera option panel you only change settings for the final output! I want the preview window to show exactly what the camera renders out.

I am aware of Photoshop and After Effects but since itīs an extra roundabout everytime you want to see a pre-rendered image there must be a way to show the correct pre-render with for example widescreen or HD-resolution in Lightwave!

Anyone?

evolross
04-21-2012, 12:44 PM
I just ran into this problem in 10.1. I'm working on several anamorphic visual effects shots and the F9 image viewer only shows square pixels (I'm assuming) so I'm forced to look at a 4x3 squished render. Yet when I bring the rendered file into Nuke, it comes in at the appropriate wider, normal looking aspect ratio.

EDIT: Found a work-around from a different thread - to see the normal widescreen view in the Image Viewer, set your Aspect to 1.0 and then double your render width pixels. Use this when working, then set back to your original settings on final render. Or just duplicate your camera and have a "render" camera and a "working" camera, each with their own settings.