PDA

View Full Version : what I think I really need is...

palpal
03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
... worley fprime with passes... I really do not understand what all this vpr is all about, I have had fprime for so many years and it is solid when it comes to results... it hangs sometimes in rendering and that is bad but really? It do good movements for animations without the flicker hell... and it is what it is as you see it in the window... Would love a anabolic version with passes or buffers and with also a button for gpu render... com on worley, you can do it...

I have really tested the vpr now and it is good but it is just preview and in the making, fprime is so much more to me... fprime with buffers and also alternative gpu would rock my world!

stiff paper
03-14-2012, 06:23 AM
Well, yeah. FPrime is, and always has been, an incredible piece of software.

The way FPrime renders though means that passes would have to be extra renders anyway, and everybody can do extra renders themselves already (!) Also, Worley has said he's moved onto other things now, so new FPrime versions almost certainly won't ever happen.

With luck (fingers crossed) NewTek are busily working on something similar to V-Ray's "animation prepass" for LW's render engine, and if that happens, a new FPrime won't be so badly missed.

Sensei
03-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Flickering is result of placing GI interpolated samples in different places in every frame.
Fprime is completely not using interpolation. At the time it was designed, there was no interpolated GI, everybody were using slow, brute force, non-interpolated GI.

Baking GI cache just means learning where will be GI cache samples, always in the same locations, between frames.

prometheus
03-17-2012, 12:55 PM
fprime is indeed great for some things..but it can not render vertex normals wich VPR does.

It really doesnīt handle hypervoxels as fast and good as vpr.
It doesnīt render volumetric lights or lens flares..VPR does.
I do not know if it renders turbulenceFD fluids either..VPR does.

some shaders that works with vpr isnīt handled with fprime either.

Michael

biliousfrog
03-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Also, Worley has said he's moved onto other things now, so new FPrime versions almost certainly won't ever happen.

Well, I have a cryptic email from Steve that hints otherwise...not saying that he's working on an updated FPrime but he's working on something new. Remember that CORE caused a lot of wobbles in 3rd party development so it's understandable that some developers have concentrated on other things or moved elsewhere, however, I don't think that this is the case with Worley ;)

Sensei
03-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Lens flares and volumetric lights cannot be rendered by any 3rd party renderer. These things are not exposed in LWSDK.
3rd party renderer would have to write and analyze .lws, which immediately means not possible for interactive renderer..