PDA

View Full Version : Computing Buffer export + DOF

MUCUS
03-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi There!

Just wanted to know if there is a way to have let's say the surfaceID computed and antialiased with DOF? (Currently, my main render as DOF, and surfaceID don't...)

Thank you! :)

fgreen
03-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Not sure I understand your question. Do you mean DOF for only some surfaces and not others?

If so, you will probably have to do to multiple render passes and composite them together.

dpont
03-13-2012, 09:03 AM
This is possible in DP Filter, Pixel filter node editor,
redirecting the SurfaceID to a Global Buffer,
with the "Multithreading/Perp.AA" option enabled,
SurfaceID buffer enabled,
here the surfaceID is colorized,

For saving to a file, add a Get Global buffer node
in the Pixel Filter node editor, don't connect it
open panel for saving the file, check the format etc..

You may also export a mask with selected surfaces
picked in a list, with the Mask Surfaces node,
Mask output connected directly to a Global Buffer

Denis.

MUCUS
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Thank you for reply! :)

Indeed I'm maybe meeting a bug or something...because image from the compositing buffer export doesn't even have antialiasing...and ObjectID is in the image viewer, but isn't in the saved image: Here's a picture to show the problem...(All pictures are saved as jpeg)

As it's the very first time I'm using this new exporter, maybe I'm missing something?

PS: It seams that AA and DOF worked fine with other buffers like shaded reflexions...

dpont
03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you for reply! :)

Indeed I'm maybe meeting a bug or something...because image from the compositing buffer export doesn't even have antialiasing...and ObjectID is in the image viewer, but isn't in the saved image: Here's a picture to show the problem...(All pictures are saved as jpeg)

As it's the very first time I'm using this new exporter, maybe I'm missing something?

PS: It seams that AA and DOF worked fine with other buffers like shaded reflexions...

First ObjectID and SurfaceID LW Buffer are basically not antialiased,
except if you force AA sampling in DP Filter through its Global Buffering.

The saved ObjectID are correct, objectID are great integer numbers
if you pick over each object you can verify that they go beyond the
1.0 value limit for your monitor.

The Image Viewer shows a transformed ObjectID LW Buffer,
so you can see them as fractional numbers for the preview only,
something similar to the colorization in the DP Filter node tree.

Denis.

MUCUS
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Sorry for reply time! The thing I don't understand is: how do I save the picture I have in image viewer so that it remain the same?

Btw I'm glad to know that LW11 SurfaceID Buffer can be anti-aliased with your node - well even if native anti-aliasing for this 2 very important buffer would be nice -.

May I ask you to share a scene to help me understand how this would be possible? If you don't mind?