PDA

View Full Version : Surface baker not baking nodes.

Philly85
03-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Hey having trouble with this computer game texture crap, getting sick of it now lol.

I know I can apply the normal maps in Torque but the normal maps ain't to scale the way I'm doing them and looks a mess in Torque.

I have them projected perfectly and baked them to the UV Map but when its rendered it's as if it's not rendering with the normal map attached and just comes out like a flat image when baking it to the UV.

Have set up the normal map in the nodes and activated it.

Suppose only other way is to actually edit the UV in Photoshop which is going to take lots of time, unfortunately time is something I don't have for this project :(

MarcusM
03-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Hmm this is propably scene set up result. Maybe help turning on Ambient Occlusion in Global Illumination or try do this with bump map not normal.

Give screen shot from scene.

Philly85
03-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Ahh know why.

Am using Surface Baking Lights plugin that someone made on here, when I render with normal lights it comes up all bumpy like its means to but when I turn the lights on, dunno wether its because everything becomes lit up but its just rendering the picture on its own without the bumps if you get me.

Sensei
03-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Surface Baking Lights is for removing any light effects.
Between normal vector of spot and light sample direction, there is done math operation dot product. It's value between -1 to 1. -1 means surface is pointing directing to light source and vice versa. Face to face.

I have feeling you're making something really wrong. Better attach screen-shots to every your post, so we can verify your job..

Usually people want:
- bake textures (just color, without lights). Procedural textures, nodes etc. that doesn't exist in another 3d app, or game engine, must be converted to image. Output is RGBA, color.
- bake ambient occlusion. Also no lights. Output is then multiplied by baked textures (inside of game engine, or just in Photoshop as layer). Output is Scalar, gray scale.
- bake high res object to low res. This also doesn't have lights. Output is normal.

The only moment when you might be interested in baking with lights is while baking interior/exterior (without characters or other movable elements).

xemka
03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Hello guys,
I'm working with a realtime 3D software for VJing called Xnth and I need surface baking with lights.

I'm working on a video mapping project on a car. I need create animated textures for my car model, here's a link to video preview of my work in progress: http://michelboetsch.com/newemka/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Xnth-2012-03-16-01-17-27-02.mp4

I've made the spinning light texture by using an environment map.
Now i'm trying to use light but the render doesn't look like I want... :'(

Edit: My mistake, it works good.