PDA

View Full Version : Is Newtek Tech. Support no longer open on Saturday's ?

wtdedula
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Hello All;
I have a critical problem registering my copy of LW11 I bought and downloaded yesterday. I would like to call tech. support to help me get this working but I call the number under "Contact us" and it rings for a long time and no one answers.

I thought Tech. Support used to be open on Saturday - Are they still open or did they stop that ?

Tim

SBowie
03-10-2012, 12:46 PM
As it happens, I'm in the office today, so I walked over to inquire. The guys tell me there have been problems with the phone system. I forwarded a link to this thread to them, so they can reach out to you.

wtdedula
03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Thanks a million, Steve :-). I also posted a message in Lightwave 3D Support - General Support and I sent tech. support an email yesterday. They can look at those messages for additional details.

If they know what's wrong, they can email me the solution. If the fix is more complicated, they can call me at 440-843-7823. Thanks.

Tim Dedula (wtdedula)

SBowie
03-10-2012, 01:06 PM
If it's any comfort (it probably isn't), I also ran into a 'critical error' when I finally got around to ordering my own copy of Lw11 last night. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the website update yesterday - but it could just as easily be that big solar flare, or 'a random happenstance of the non-fortuitous kind'. :hey:

wtdedula
03-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi Steve;
No that doesn't help because I still don't have this working.

The ordering system must be screwed up.

According to the Lightwave 11 ordering info. for Hardcore users at http://forums.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102469&d=1331343184

I am supposed to get a serial number on the purchase order.

However, I cannot find any serial number on the purchase order. All I see is an order number. There seems to be room for a serial number but nothing is listed in that space. I received a separate email with download links but no serial number is listed on there either.

I think if NT would be kind enough to provide a serial number, I'd be able to register.

Tim

SBowie
03-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I am supposed to get a serial number on the purchase order. (snip) However, I cannot find any serial number on the purchase order. All I see is an order number. There seems to be room for a serial number but nothing is listed in that space.Yep, same here. I agree something is busted.

I think the product purchased needs to be added to one's personal registration area's Products list. This - either the generation of a serial number for my copy of LW11 or its addition to the reg. database - seems to have failed in my own case. I'm really not sure whether the CS guys can resolve that without intervention from MIS/IT or not. I suspect you're in the same boat. :(

Chuck
03-10-2012, 06:48 PM
If you have still not heard from Customer Support and received a serial number via that route, try logging back into the online store, and use the Account Maintenance link to check your order history. The serial number will be there if the system has generated it, which it may have done after the email went out.

As Steve noted, there does seem to be a problem where some emails are going out without the serial number. We'll make sure the folks who can fix this are made aware of it.

We have now posted an updated LightWave 11 Purchasing FAQ here:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=126558

SBowie
03-10-2012, 07:29 PM
As Steve noted, there does seem to be a problem where some emails are going out without the serial number.Interesting. This arrangement looks like it has potential, but no - no serial number there for me I'm afraid. I'm sure it'll be sorted Monday, but apologies to anyone else in the same situation.

lertola2
03-10-2012, 09:03 PM
I ordered two copies of lightwave upgrade yesterday. I spent half an hour puzzling over the emails I got trying to figure out how to install them. This thread has made me realize that I am missing my serial numbers also. I will give customer service a call on Monday to sort it out.

-Joe

wtdedula
03-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the advice, Chuck. I logged back into the store, and checked my order history and saw the order I placed last Friday. But no luck, no serial number is listed. There seems to be a space for it, but none is listed.

Tim

Chuck
03-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Steve and I have alerted the appropriate folks of the issue with serial number not being issued.

SBowie
03-12-2012, 03:37 PM
I have just been informed (and have personally verified) that the issue with serial number generation that arose toward the end of the week (last week) is now resolved. Yay!