PDA

View Full Version : HELP - How do I register LW11 (Hardcore)?

wtdedula
03-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Hello All;
I just purchased the LW11 upgrade. I am a hardcore member. I can't figure out how to register my copy of LW11. If I select Lightwave 3D from my account, it asks for a serial number but I can't find one on the automated invoice newtek sent me. If I select Hardcore, it asks me for my member number and if I enter it, it says I am already registered. I can't call NT because they're closed. I can't get my copy out of discovery mode. If I try to register from the application (Layout), it requests a key which I don't have (For the LW11, anyway).

For those of you who have gotten this to work, let me know what you did. Thanks.

Tim

mikeshan
03-14-2012, 10:55 PM
have you tried using your hardcore number as your lw11 serial?

evenflcw
03-15-2012, 02:16 AM
I think I read somewhere the other day that some purchase orders for some reason had the serial number omitted. Whatever be the case. If you have problems with your order you should really get in contact with CS or someone like Chuck Baker directly. The "hardcore number", whatever it is, will likely not match the LW11 serial number, as the serials are unique for each major version.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=126558

SBowie
03-15-2012, 05:55 AM
I think I read somewhere the other day that some purchase orders for some reason had the serial number omittedTurned out there was an issue with the server that generates the serial numbers at the end of last week. Somehow it went unnoticed briefly until reports started to accumulate on Saturday. It was resolved Monday. I think anyone who bought at that time got emails with no serial number.

If you log into the store and click the "Account Maintenance" link, you can see if there is a serial number for your purchase. If not, best to contact CS. (When they followed up on my case, I got a new rash of emails similar to the ones when I purchased, but with the serial number in place this time.)

TIMMYLYNN
05-13-2012, 07:59 PM
i did this after re registering to sign in and under maintenance it shows my core membership no with my lw 11 upgrade. under my products it still has the core serial but says its expired and it's not working...i have put it in the bin file...oh well a call tomorrow and no more work for tonite. another rock in the spokes from newtek. disappointment AGAIN...THIS SHOULD BE SIMPLE...I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF PROBLEMS FROM NEWTEK B4 EVER...

Mr Mouse
05-13-2012, 09:20 PM
If version 11 is in your "Downloads" does that mean you are a legitimate owner of this version or is it just a trial version? I've never been so confused in all my born days by any software company's convoluted nonsense. You've turned the whole customer experience into an aggravating and tiresome riddle.