PDA

View Full Version : Can Bones be controlled from 2 ways?

prospector
03-09-2012, 11:41 AM
don't know how else to word just a title, but here goes the question.

Maby I am not understanding how human bones work but....

If I stand in a 'T' pose and just turn at the waist so all other bones in spine turn the same so I end up in a 'T' pose but waist is to right and the arms are almost at sides (facing the right), untill it starts hurting. Now Body is facing almost 90 from start but head and neck haven't turned so they are still in the straight ahead look from the base of neck (top of spine)..
This make sense?

OK, now that I am turned and spine is just starting to hurt, I would say that this is normal amount of physical turn, so I set limits in character so it looks the same as I do, and can turn character no more.

I've got all this part set so far.

BUT

If I then turn head and neck in the same direction as body, the body can go even further without pain. And the 'T' pose is even further to the right and maby even further than 90 degrees.

So, can or is there a way to further control the spine so that whatever controls I have on the spine to stop rotation when controlled by 1 null that all bones are using as 'same as' in the bank rotation, so that head kinda 'overrides' any previously set settings?
Hmmm, just read that back and it sounds really convoluted....
But I know what effect I am looking for and maby someone can decipher :D what I am asking and have an answer.. I hope

RebelHill
03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
You want a variable rotation limit which adjusts based on the conditions of other items.

Nope, no can do.

prospector
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
You want a variable rotation limit which adjusts based on the conditions of other items.

YEA!

Nope, no can do.

Ohh

So without limit set but based on percentage of preceeding bone in chain maby?

I just want to control a chain of bones banks from 2 directions (ends) with the one at the ending of the chain overiding the one at the base but working opposite..

base null turns each bank in chain of bones say 10% less than the bone preceeding it in chain

But

the null at END of chain working in opposite direction

Turn top of chain 90, 80, 70, and so on Percent to the base of chain

So 1 end of chain turns more depending on what null I rotate

metahumanity
03-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Blend between 2 chains..