PDA

View Full Version : Lambretta

bobakabob
03-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Here's a quick render of my (virtually) finished Lambretta... any comments or advice greatfully received. Any tips on achieving authentic looking glass in the lights... and more effective reflections?
Cheers,
Rob

Lewis
03-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Hi !

model looks very good.

Hints for realistic renders would be :

1. You need environment to get proper reflection (you can't expect anything good if you have this blue shade in background - use HDRI image). So use HDRI environment or model environment.

2. Realistic lights - model interior and glas on front like it is on REAL car. If you have bumps on real Lambreta (i'am not sure baout that) then you can use 2 glas layers and set one with bum map to ger right look.

3. Choose only one color while you are tweaking settings - you can't make one color and just switch shade of it - it won't work 'coz black and yellow colo have diferent settings and so on.

bobakabob
03-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi, Lewis, thanks for the critique and advice - much appreciated :) I've seen your work and it's superb. I usually model characters, so still finding my way with vehicle design and rendering. I applied a combination of HDRI and backdrop and rendered this kitsch image of a rock n roll alien... it's for a music video. Do you animate any of your creations?
Cheers,
Rob

Lewis
03-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Yeh now you have much better reflections (chrome is much more belivable). You can check my WEB page for look at my animations. Maybe you've seen my maserati 3200GT animation - that one took me 26 days to render (23 hours daily rendering) on my old machine ;).

http://www.lewis.tomsoft.hr/