PDA

View Full Version : render/camera setup question

Simon-S
03-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I have created a character for a client who wanted rendered poses from the waist up.

I've changed the camera zoom factor settings to make the poses look a little more dynamic and I'm (and the client) pretty happy with the setup.

The client has come back saying they want exactly the same camera angle/resolution but now as a full body shot.

With the zoom factor settings as they are, if I move or rotate the camera to fit the full character it changes the perspective a fair bit and I'm losing the poses/proportions I originally set up.

I suppose I'm wanting to do something like the photoshop 'reveal all' function but I know that's no possible in LW.

I have tried taking my render into photoshop and expanding the canvas down to allow space for the characters legs, then re-importing back into LW as a BG image. I changed my camera resolution settings to match the bg image but now I'm really struggling to match the 3d view to the bg image.

Is there something I'm missing here? I just cant seem to work out to reveal the full character without the massive change in perspective.

I know i can probably just go ahead and create a new camera and just go with slightly different settings but I'd really like to keep what I have already.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Dexter2999
03-08-2012, 09:25 AM
I swear someone posted something exactly like this within the last month.

Simon-S
03-08-2012, 09:29 AM
where where?

Dexter2999
03-08-2012, 09:40 AM
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=109223&highlight=camera+zoom+perspective

Search is your friend.

And to be fair, the original question was asked in 2010 but the thread was just recently resurrected.

Simon-S
03-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Yeah tried the search a number of times but couldn't find it.

Cheers.

Simon-S
03-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Awesome, problem solved! Thanks!

Andy Meyer
03-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Simon, what is the solution? tell us.

Simon-S
03-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Simon, what is the solution? tell us.

Solution was simple in the end, as described here...

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....om+perspective