PDA

View Full Version : Office building

otacon
03-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I just finished up these renderings here at work of a modern office building in Nigeria. I don't get to work on this type of modern design very often, so I enjoyed it. Comments welcome.

djwaterman
03-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Yikes! Nothing like blending in with the neighborhood. Nice renders though.

Mitja
03-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Very realistic! Especially the motorcycles... ;)

Tartiflette
03-08-2012, 04:18 AM
The night shot of the building is superb, one more time.
The day shot is really beautiful, too, but the integration is disturbing, perhaps a perspective problem or the fact the existing environment is too close to the building itself ?

Anyway, as for the building alone, it's just perfect, well done. :)

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

otacon
03-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks. I like the night one better too. The environment is actually really crowded like that. It's probably why it looks weird. All the surrounding environment is modeled 3d, so the perspective is right.

JonW
03-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Even if the perspective is correct, buildings can look "over" vertical & it would be better to point the camera up a little so the building leans back a small amount to soften the perspective so to speak.

Sometime it's also good to rotate an image a touch left or right because a building sometimes looks like it's leaning the wrong way.

Waves of light
03-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Jason,

I prefer the night version and I really love the added touch the cars rear lights passing by.

Great work, as always.

jakuzaa
03-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Even if the perspective is correct, buildings can look "over" vertical & it would be better to point the camera up a little so the building leans back a small amount to soften the perspective so to speak.

Sometime it's also good to rotate an image a touch left or right because a building sometimes looks like it's leaning the wrong way.

The side walls are in fact a little bit leaned so it's correct.

Otacon, I like the images, very high quality like always but isn't the sky on the day image too dark?

Captain Obvious
03-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Really nice work, as always.

otacon
03-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Thanks. The walls do lean out in the design, so I think that makes it look more weird when the verticals are straight. The day sky is kind of dark. I was going for the polorized look.

Scazzino
03-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Nice job! Very strange looking building, but great job on bringing it to life! :thumbsup:

biliousfrog
03-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Well I prefer the daytime version :P

They are both very nice, great work, as always. I find the van parked up in the night view a little odd, not sure what it is but something makes it stand out for me...other than that they both look great. :)

nthused
03-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Beautiful work Jason. Love both - night shot being my favorite.

Iain
03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
The lighting is superb, especially the night shot. The glass is fantastic too-I always think good glass makes an exterior shot.

The entourage does cheapen the overall feel, I think, regardless of how accurate it may be. The adjacent buildings could be aged a bit more.

Very minor crits though. It's top drawer stuff, as we've all come to expect.

Dexter2999
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
This is the perfect demonstration of why they need to buy out the smaller buildings and tear them down...building like that and you know they will need parking.

Very nice pic's, Sir.