PDA

View Full Version : graph editor filters selection

papou
03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Can't really understant *.*

I know i can select with *Po for all Position
I know i can select with *Y for all Y things

2 questions:
- how to multi filter in one time? like select *Po and Y things same times?
- how to filter what you don't want? i was hoping something like -Po or /Po... (like i need all But no Morph)

please, help, (maybe it's RTFM problem) ...
I have hundred of channels totally mixed.. i can't imagine select one by one...

Matt
03-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Agreed, the filtering does need to be better.

BlueApple
03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Only suggestion I can make is to create a custom selection set and save it. It will be a pain to do it, but you only need to do it once.

Celshader
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
- how to multi filter in one time? like select *Po and Y things same times?

To answer the first question...try a pattern like this to get all Y-positions in one go:

*Position.Y

It looks like we're limited to one wildcard at this time, so you can't use *Po*Y.

- how to filter what you don't want? i was hoping something like -Po or /Po... (like i need all But no Morph)

I don't think we have a direct means of doing that. Right now I try to find patterns that are common to one set of channels but not another. For example, to get all the Rotation/Position channels but nothing else, I use:

*ion

...because "ion" is present in Rotation and Position but not Scale or Morph.

3DGFXStudios
03-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Also there should be tangent preset buttons in the graph editor, especially handy for the bezier curve types.

papou
03-07-2012, 05:30 PM
...i can't imagine select one by one...

I am selecting one by one... (my eyes are exactly the same as my Doraemon avatar...)

thank you Celshader. In fact, that was examples to clearly show the problem.

What i'm doing here is more tricky because i have NormalDisplacament position that i don't want too in the selection (etc...)
So i can't use ion (my friend too).

Matt, i know you like this kind of things. (do not forget all of small things of the other thread! busy busy Matt)

Celshader
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
I am selecting one by one... (my eyes are exactly the same as my Doraemon avatar...)

thank you Celshader. In fact, that was examples to clearly show the problem.

What i'm doing here is more tricky because i have NormalDisplacament position that i don't want too in the selection (etc...)
So i can't use ion (my friend too).

Matt, i know you like this kind of things. (do not forget all of small things of the other thread! busy busy Matt)

Instead of selecting one-by-one, could you load in all the channels, select the unwanted channels and type Shift-D to remove the channels you don't want from the Graph Editor? The NormalDisplacement channels visually stand out because they have longer names than the Position/Rotation/Scale channels, so it might not be as bad as selecting one-by-one.

Outside of that, I'll second BlueApple's recommendation to create selection sets.

papou
03-07-2012, 07:15 PM
that's what i'm doing!
thank you for your time.