PDA

View Full Version : Flipping/Reresting a Pole.

Satera
03-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Hey there guys. Ive been using some of the rigging revealed DVD, and it's really good. However there's a point where he creates the poles for the character and they simply sit without problem.

So for instance, the pole objs are behind the elbows, but infront of the knees. However as soon as move them infront of the knees, the leg twists. I've tried turning off the motion controllers, deform and IK. Moving the pole objects and then resting them. However it still doesn't work, enabling them just flips it.

It's not a problem as i can use them behind. But obviously my methods are incorrect so I would like to know the correct way of repositioning a pole would be. What would your solution be?

http://www.fileize.com/files/c1ed6aa1/b80/Rotate.jpg

RebelHill
03-07-2012, 05:56 AM
You have to reorient the bone/item that pioints to the pole... basically... youve built your legs backwards. You may be able to get away with just turning the IKplane bones 180 on B, and the same on the thigh bones.

Satera
03-07-2012, 06:43 AM
*slaps head.

Of course! Man, thanks so much RH. I bought your rigging tutorial a few years ago! You know your stuff. Keep up the Youtube vids too ;)

Thanks again.

RebelHill
03-07-2012, 07:16 AM
no worries.

btw, if u wanna be real particular about things, as I often am... ud turn the IKplanes 180, and the thighs -180 so as the entire system has rotated a total of 0 rather than 360.