PDA

View Full Version : Option to isolate object on VPR

inakito
03-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Xsi and Maxwell render have options to isolate objects on viewport preview render... I guess it will be some scripting similar to invert selection and make all those objects unseen by camera in Layout... but im only guessing...

Anyone out there?

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

Danner
03-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Not sure what it is you need that can't be done in the scene editor.

evenflcw
03-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Does changing the active state of an object change whether it is visible in VPR? In that case I could update my ItemFocus script to either toggle just that, just the opengl visibility or both.

Danner
03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
For active state you mean the checkmark in the scene editor that determines if the object renders? Then yes, it turns objects on and off from VPR too. Open GL settings don't change VPR functionality, even "hiden" objects render.

evenflcw
03-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks for confirm. Then I'll possibly add that someday.

inakito
03-06-2012, 10:19 AM

Can invert selection be done trough Scene Editor?... Yes

Can all the elements from the new selection be unseen by camera?... Yes

All this is very easy... I just want to do all this in a single click.

Lets say I have a complex scene with lots of elements and I want to focus and work on the shading of a single element. If I have this single element selected I can easily invert the selection and make all this elements unseen by camera, but it is annoying getting to do that all the time I need to work on the shading of an object. I donīt want to make all this elements inactive couz I want to see how they may be affecting the object Im currently shading on...

Its true I can do it by hand every time but it will be fantastic having this feature implemented in the near future or having someone to script a tool doing that... :bowdown:

Thanks!

tcoursey
03-06-2012, 12:33 PM
The only thing missing is the drop down option that says "VPR Current Object". Don't want or need scene editor. Forget all this non-sense scripting and such. We have F10. NT Add this please!

:thumbsup:

hrgiger
03-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah isolating an object for interactive render would be a good edition. I liked this feature in XSI.

Dexter2999
03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I asked for this back in CORE. There is another thread already asking for this started a few months ago.

Instead of comparing it to another 3D app, the idea is use the "SOLO" function that audio uses. Trade out "monitors" with "VPR" and a quick button on a item singles it out. Every item could have a solo option, giving you the flexibility to quickly monitor like three or four items out of possibly hundreds.

Sensei
03-06-2012, 09:33 PM
All this is very easy... I just want to do all this in a single click.

That's what for are passes..

Gumby22don
03-06-2012, 10:59 PM
yes please - and I like the audio desk analogy.

Don
have a great day

inakito
03-08-2012, 06:03 AM
Never heard about item focus before but it may work... im gona give it a try and let all you know,

thanks for the help

inakito
03-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Tried itemfocus already and it works great if you want to make every single object but the one you have selected, inactive... I would like to keep them unseen by camera instead of inactive.