PDA

View Full Version : Audio drift on 24p clips

Jaredravens
03-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I am using a 450 extreme with the Rev. 4 update and I am experiencing audio drift when playing 1080 24p clips that were recorded in the Tricaster. The drift becomes noticeable after about 15 minutes and continues to worsen. If I pause the clip and play it from the same spot the audio re syncs.

This is on the actual video output, I haven't tried recording at the same time. I assume it would be off on the recording as well.

The clips were recorded on the Tricaster from cameras using 24 psf (the cameras don't put out regular 24p). Any help is appreciated.

SBowie
03-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Just to make sure I understand, are you seeing this sync drift when you play back within the DDR, or in another player (Quicktime?) on an external system? Was the capture session 24p, or something else? If the problem manifests when playing back in the DDR, is the playback session likewise 24p? Is the record file format MPEG2? Have you tried a different format with the same result?

Jaredravens
03-05-2012, 11:45 AM
The playback is from a DDR and the clip was captured as an MPEG-2 (compatibility) 1080 24p. The project I am playing back from is 1080 24p although also seen it happen in a 1080i project. I have tried playing back the same clip after converting it to a Program Stream with the same result. If I stop the clip and start playing it again it re syncs.

SBowie
03-05-2012, 11:57 AM
About all I can suggest is, if you haven't already, please test this with the latest rev (4b) and also a different codec, and then submit a bug report with full details. :(