PDA

View Full Version : price worthy

sony
03-03-2012, 02:24 PM
is the price of lw 11 worth it

Beth Jacobi
03-03-2012, 02:46 PM
is the price of lw 11 worth it

Yes. Especially if you buy a previous version of LW (see classifieds Buy/Sell in the forum) then you can save even more! I've got a copy (LW9.6) for $400 (just reduced), buy the upgrade through Safe Harbor at $620 and you've saved ALLOT of cash.

Just a thought. :)

jasonwestmas
03-03-2012, 03:00 PM
What do you want to do with it? then I can tell you what LW11 is worth. ;) Just wouldn't want you to expect something out of it when it might be difficult or impossible. Every app has a powerful strength and weakness.

wrench
03-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Try the trial (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave-downloads.html) to see for yourself? Only you will be able to say for sure. Personally, I think it's the best new version of LightWave ever. We don't have to wait for a patch for it to be excellent.

B

sublimationman
03-03-2012, 03:35 PM
It's a tool, the value to you depends on your needs. An $100 impact driver is of little use to a person that works on carburetors over a good screwdriver. Both are tools but even though the impact driver is more money it's less valuable to the carburetor guy than a $6 screwdriver.

So it depends on your needs. I hesitated on the upgrade price but found I had a use for instancing alone that was worth the price. I always had limits on the number of items in a scene to keep it manageable but now a single item can turn into 10,000 with little overhead.