PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Octo
03-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Hi guys i'm facing this problem i don't know why but it seams when i'm using the srgb in the cs please help even the black outside the render is grainy???!!!! and even if i export the image as linear and try to color correct it in photoshop it's not working at all can someone help please.
I have one area light a gradient sky and radiosity at final gather with interpolation on.

thanks

biliousfrog
03-03-2012, 04:20 AM
In Layout press CTRL+F8 to bring up the image processing window, in the two Dither Intensity boxes turn them both off. Those two settings should really be called 'Make look like noisey crap intensity' and be off by default.

Octo
03-03-2012, 05:31 AM
In Layout press CTRL+F8 to bring up the image processing window, in the two Dither Intensity boxes turn them both off. Those two settings should really be called 'Make look like noisey crap intensity' and be off by default.

Thaaaaaaaaaaankk youuuuuuuuuuu i've been banging my head on this for the past two days. does it affects alpha channel as well?
does it have any good use or should i always keep it off? i noticed it have x2 and x4 stuff to it.

Thanks again for your help really appreciated.

biliousfrog
03-03-2012, 05:38 AM
I had the same problem recently. I can't recall exactly why it's there but it's something to do with how older versions of Lightwave worked.

netstile123
03-03-2012, 05:47 AM
this is something I have never heard before. I am still about a 1.5 years old to the forum. Could someone explain this more in depth? Thanks

torturebori007
03-03-2012, 05:54 AM
this is something I have never heard before. I am still about a 1.5 years old to the forum. Could someone explain this more in depth? Thanks

Yes yes please someone...

Andy Meyer
03-03-2012, 06:46 AM
the dithering is to avoid banding.
without dithering there can be visible color banding in 23/32bit images (=8bit per color = 256 brightness levels per color).
afaik there is no dithering if the output format has better color resolution like EXR images.

but, Octo's image does not show that kind of problem imho. looks more like MB or GI noise...

Octo, can you post your image without the dithering on?

Octo
03-03-2012, 09:27 AM
the dithering is to avoid banding.
without dithering there can be visible color banding in 23/32bit images (=8bit per color = 256 brightness levels per color).
afaik there is no dithering if the output format has better color resolution like EXR images.

but, Octo's image does not show that kind of problem imho. looks more like MB or GI noise...

Octo, can you post your image without the dithering on?

it worked like a charm when i took dithering off. will post the image soon rendering the hi res at the moment

Octo
03-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Here u go the small grains on the left side of the rim and the right side of the tyre are low MB passes but the grainy layer on top of the full image even on the black area that is not within the limited region puffffff gone :)

dwburman
03-03-2012, 03:53 PM
These dithering settings are off by default in LW11.

ArtGoblin
03-05-2012, 07:12 PM
now just there is a good enough reason to think seriously about upgrading :D