PDA

View Full Version : "Fluid Dynamics from Blender to LightWave Workflow"

dalecampbelljr
03-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I am very new to fluid dynamic in Lightwave 3D. It was suggested to me that I use Blender with Lightwave to create my fluids.
It was also suggested I check out this website...

http://www.splotchdog.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=39

I downloaded the plugins, but they don't seem to work for me no matter what version of Lightwave I use. I got it to load the plugins in LW 9.31 32bit but received object failed errors everytime.

Now YouTube and the above website suggest that this workflow will work but I am at a loss. Can anyone help with this and are there or is there a video tutorial that a person can refer to?

I am looking for up to date information please, nothing referring the past...

Thank you so much in advance.

DigitalDeuce
03-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Check your private messages.

:D

UnCommonGrafx
03-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Hey Deuce,
Surely the answer would be great for the rest of us...?

Just curious.

DigitalDeuce
03-03-2012, 08:30 AM
You know ... I've gotten that same feeling.

Ok - - which would be easier to follow -- a video tutorial, or printed ?

erikals
03-03-2012, 08:44 AM
video! :]
cage man has one on Blenderfluids here though...
ftp://LightWave:[email protected]/

 

DigitalDeuce
03-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Oh awesome ... never knew those -- then I don't have to !

Sweet !

hmmm .. those are for older versions .... if you need more info, ping me.

DigitalDeuce
03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
I think I'm going to go ahead and do one -- using LW 11 and Blender 2.60 (downloading 2.62 at the moment)

UnCommonGrafx
03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Written.

Much more info can be included.
And can be digested in more... discrete locations.

zapper1998
03-03-2012, 04:54 PM
both

daforum
03-06-2012, 04:39 AM
both

+1 :thumbsup:

K-Dawg
03-06-2012, 04:55 AM
both
+2 :thumbsup:

jasonwestmas
03-07-2012, 09:14 AM
I watched the Cageman video so I'm curious now. What exactly are those vector files that get exported from blender's fluid sim? Is this just complicated math that the blender=>Lightwave plugin can only interpret? Or is there another way to get that data into lightwave?

geo_n
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I watched the Cageman video so I'm curious now. What exactly are those vector files that get exported from blender's fluid sim? Is this just complicated math that the blender=>Lightwave plugin can only interpret? Or is there another way to get that data into lightwave?

Those vector files can be used for motionblur in lw if I remember correctly. Its been a while since I used blender with lw for fluid sims.

The old plugin worked like it should btw, the only problem was you couldn't srub the timeline. I think I had to manually nudge the arrow keys for preview in lw. Haven't tried the new plugin because I don't want to use blender again. :D

jasonwestmas
03-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Those vector files can be used for motionblur in lw if I remember correctly. Its been a while since I used blender with lw for fluid sims.

The old plugin worked like it should btw, the only problem was you couldn't srub the timeline. I think I had to manually nudge the arrow keys for preview in lw. Haven't tried the new plugin because I don't want to use blender again. :D

hehe, yeah I'm actually wondering how to use the cached vector files from softimage's polygonizer since I know that app. and I don't know anything about blender really.

wholebitmedia
04-19-2013, 03:26 PM
The plugin does not seem to be working right. Do you hve to use older versions of Blender too? The plugin itself seems to hve loded into LW 11. Still trying to figure this out....!

OnlineRender
05-13-2013, 04:41 PM
you could just save out the objects then run them as a sequence bit of a pain but there is scripts to save objects on each frame

- - - Updated - - -

also search for Phil Nolans 3D world tutorial , that show blender _ LW

I used blender to sim the fluid for this image , put the output to final and saved out the object and took it direct to LW and kinda mashed the image together

rikka+
05-14-2013, 12:33 PM
any alternative to tibe3 plugin in lw11?
I'm on mac os, the original plugin doesn't work, also because is for 9.6 only.
Can someone be so kind to describe the actual workflow to export particles?
Thanks.

I suppose is with object frame sequence, but i would like how to do it, or which plugin i need,
thank you.

daforum
05-16-2013, 04:12 AM
+1 for mac version :)

tonybliss
10-22-2013, 05:54 AM
http://www.clintons3d.com/plugins/lightwave/

DaveyWaver
04-14-2014, 03:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

Was there ever a solution for this, or does LW now have Fluid Dynamics ?

DaveyWaver