PDA

View Full Version : Rev. 4b and VSE

Koinonia
03-02-2012, 03:49 AM
After updating my XD300 from 3d to 4b, iVGA and AirPlay is working fine and I feel the system faster. AirPlay recognition is also faster and audio qaulity better. The only problem that I noticed is the Virtual Set Editor freezing and not being able to open old saved projects. Default projects open normally. I tried to reinstall the VSE but still can't open saved projects. I will try now to modify and save new projects...

SBowie
03-02-2012, 05:12 AM
I'm not aware of any work on VSE between versions, though I'll inquire - but perhaps there is some other issue involved. I'll see if anyone has an idea about what.

Koinonia
03-02-2012, 12:01 PM
I tested changing a default VSE project and saving it. VSE opens this new saved project without any problem, but still not being able to open old saved projects.

SBowie
03-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm told there is a bug that will prevent projects from loading if all of the assets used in the project are not found. Could some content be missing?

Koinonia
03-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm told there is a bug that will prevent projects from loading if all of the assets used in the project are not found. Could some content be missing?

Hi Steve,

Yes, I did a check and I don't know why, but the project assets were in a different folder. Now everything is working well.
That's wonderful because so far 4b is being a great update!:thumbsup:

JonCrowe
03-06-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm having the same problem. However, I can't remember all the assets or their location when the VSE project was created. Is there a workaround for this?

SBowie
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
We need more detail to figure out what's going on here, sorry. For both of you - were these projects created in a full licensed version of VSE installed prior to a 4.x update? Were they prepared using assets from the default VSE install locations, and are these assets now (post 4.x) in a different location? Did you try reinstalling the licenced version of VSE? Or are we perhaps talking about custom assets that you have relocated on the system somewhere along the way?

JonCrowe
03-07-2012, 07:55 AM
I had this problem before going to rev4. I was unaware of the "bug" that prevented VSE projects from opening if assets were missing or in a different location. My problem is that I don't know which assets VSE can't locate. The projects in question begin to open, but the progress bar stops about halfway, and nothing else happens, regardless of how long you wait. The default projects open just fine, and new projects that are created open just fine. I think I will delete or move a graphic file associated with one of my "good" projects and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Any suggestions since I'm not sure which elements VSE can't find?

SBowie
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Any suggestions since I'm not sure which elements VSE can't find?Jon, I haven't been able to find anyone who has been able to offer a suggestion why this should be seen, since it seems nothing has been changed with respect to the location of the default content. (I'd launch a full-scale 'manhunt', but we're in the 'silly season' these days ... i.e., pre-NAB insanity.)