PDA

View Full Version : Video Player Error

schmidt_127
03-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Hello,

I recently updated to the newest version of software for the TCXD 300 Tricaster. Everything seems to be working fine and I like the updated features. However I have one problem. When I go into a live production and then try to go into the SETUP for streaming options and navigate to my webpage where videos should be streamed, I get a red X in the window. The video won't be displayed in the browser window. I assume this is due to the player.

Can someone tell me what I need to do so that the video stream will play in the browser window.

Thanks
Mike

SBowie
03-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I think you may be seeing the same issue as is discussed in this thread: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=126156

If so, the relevant instructions in the 4b readme will solve the problem.

schmidt_127
03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Steve,

I tried as you suggested and I still get the same error. I can get a stream going and watch it on our website from any other compuuter...I just can't get it to play On the Tricaster in the gear box selection for setting up a stream....

I think it is the player that is not working, what is the best way to make sure the video player is up to date and working.

Thanks
Mike

SBowie
03-01-2012, 06:15 PM
I tried as you suggested and I still get the same error.I'm still inclined to think it's the same problem. Note that you need to install the appropriate 64 bit version of IE. The 32 bit version wouldn't resolve the issue.

If you did install the 64 bit one, you might want to make sure you've got 4b installed from the website. Simply using TriCaster's built-in update feature won't get you 4b at this time.

schmidt_127
03-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Steve,

I did have 4A installed and not 4B, so I also downloaded and installed that revision. Rebooted the Tricaster and same problem. The web page shows up and the box around where the video shows up but there is a little red x in the upper left hand corner.

I know the stream is working because I can view it on other computers. Do you have other suggestions I might try to get the stream to play on the tricaster in the home page.

Thanks again,
Mike

SBowie
03-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Do you have other suggestions I might try to get the stream to play on the tricaster in the home page.Only, again, to make sure you have manually upgraded to IE9, 64 bit, and perhaps checking for a Flash player update while you're at it.

schmidt_127
03-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Steve,
Thank you, it was the flash player.

Mike

SBowie
03-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Yay! Thanks for the update.