PDA

View Full Version : Macro Like Script

tcoursey
03-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Is there a macro type script/recorder in LW? I would like to turn on the recorder/script, record all my actions on a particular poly or set of polys and then save. Add that to a shortcut key!

EDIT - I'm in LW11 64

Lewis
03-01-2012, 07:30 AM
you can use LSCommander but ONLY for layout, modeler don't have it :(.

tcoursey
03-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Lewis, I'm in modeler :(

A quick google shows a macro recorder back in the day, but not finding any downloads...

Seems this was once in here somewhere, but may not have worked very well. I guess with Python you could do it, if you knew python...I better buy a book. lol

Anyone else with thoughts?

Lewis
03-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Then you are s....d :) :).

Now sure does python have GUI in modeler nor that modeer records functions somewhere. Maybe "undo" recorder could do it 'co it stores undo step somewhere. Hmm.

tcoursey
03-01-2012, 07:39 AM
hmm...I just saw the python console button as well as the python button that runs python script. I just figured you could save what you put in the console and then run at a later time. Doesn't matter at this point cause' this kid don't know any python. :devil:

Thanks for your thougts.

evenflcw
03-01-2012, 09:32 AM
To my knowledge, there has never been a macro recorder in Modeler and none is possible without major rewrite. And had there been one it would have been very limited. Either way, it is usually necessary to know some scripting to really make good use of macros anyway! For example to create loop statements so you don't have to run the macro manually on every element. So go learn!

tcoursey
03-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm not so sure about a code re-write... :)

I mean all we are talking about is what modeler already does really.

Look at what polys you have selected.
Execute command on those polys.

I don't want loops, if thens, logic etc. Just record my actions and play them back on a selection I've made.

Oh well, I may have remembered such an implementation in "another product".

Onward!

evenflcw
03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Indeed for command sequence/generic commands it shouln't be problematic to add. But many plugins (pretty much all interactive tools) don't call commands but rather perform direct mesh editing. There is no set way to store and recall the settings/arguments used for each operation, so no way to record what was done and what arguments where used. That's where a rewrite might have to go. This goes for layout aswell. Only commands are recorded and this excludes alot of other operations.

tcoursey
03-01-2012, 02:15 PM
makes sense. I hear ya. Just wanted it to be simple! lol. :beerchug: