PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels to render buffer

AbstractTech3D
02-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Is there yet any way to send hypervoxels to the render buffer, so that bloom / corona etc… can be applied?

Afalk
03-03-2012, 08:34 AM
I honestly don't know, but its somethign that I'd love to know as well... and if I can remotely squeeze out a little time this weekend -- I'll check in LW11 & see what I can come up with.

bazsa73
03-04-2012, 09:18 AM
If there are other elements in the scene than HVs I use matte black on all objects then render out the HVs. Once I have it I can load it to AE or Blender's compositing suite.
AE is better but Blender is for free and for simple compositing it's totally adequate.
Render on black background as well.

Draven
03-12-2012, 04:22 AM
what about reflections of the HVs?

bazsa73
03-12-2012, 05:35 AM
what about reflections of the HVs?

I just did a quick test.
I set the diffuse value of the reflective objects to zero.
I set the reflection to the desired value and for the emitter I switched on "unseen by camera" on the object properties panel, render tab.

Extracting the alpha for the reflections is kind of tricky but a black&white render pass for the reflection is ok. It means you need another scene, exactly the same as the beauty pass but with gray HVs.

You can try in post just desaturate the beauty pass and use it as a mask in your favourite compositing app.