PDA

View Full Version : Bridge between inner and outer geometry ?

madno
02-26-2012, 06:19 AM
I have two objects in Modeler which should become some kind of a thickened box.
So I have a smaller inner box and a bigger outer box. The top of each box is open.
Now I want to connect the boxes to fill the gap between them. I tried with the Bridge tool, but that one does like what I am doing.
If I am only selcting to top polygon loop of the inner and outer box the Bridge tool does nothing and if I select all polygons of each box then it flattens everthing to a flat plane.

Is there a way to let Modeler fill the gap automatically or do I need to connect the points manually by hand?

XswampyX
02-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Use edge select mode, then bridge, only do two or three edges at a time. It should work.

Waves of light
02-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Make sure both parts are in the same layer, then select the edges you wish to bridge and then select bridge. Sometimes I do it in stages, because it can bridge the wrong parts.

EDIT: Lol, XswampyX beat me to it.

LWCAD has 'cap holes', which would work. Have you checked the Lightwave plugin database?

madno
02-26-2012, 07:01 AM
Thanks, bridge edges worked (only tried with points and polys).

I have LWCad4, but can't find "cap holes". Maybe it was merged into another tool?

Waves of light
02-26-2012, 07:18 AM
He took it out, but there's an updated version with Cap Holes back in. Are you part of the Beta testers, you should get an email with updates on it.

madno
02-26-2012, 07:39 AM
thanks for the input.
Worked well.
Regarding beta of LWCad, yes I singned the beta newsletter, but I would not dare to test because I right now try to get used to all those nice snapping features ;-)