PDA

View Full Version : how can I get paid on youtube?

rednova
02-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Dear friends:

Let us say I make a special spot on youtube and receive thousands
of hits.What do I have to do to get paid off it ?
Do I only need to post on youtube and receive a zillion hits to get paid?
Or do I have to do something special/extra to get paid ?
Please help me !!!

Thank you !!!

rednova

cresshead
02-24-2012, 07:28 PM
click thru adverts on youtube

Dexter2999
02-24-2012, 07:38 PM
You need subscribers to your channel on Youtube. Subscribers mean a "guaranteed" number of clicks for a video.

When you have say a few thousand subscribers, Youtube will discuss making you a "partner" and "monetizing" your videos/channel.

If you are not a monetized channel and are not a partner, a first time video that makes even "a zillion" hits won't make you any money. (Think of all the viral videos that get millions of hits of kittens or babies or whatever...those people mostly aren't making any money.)

JeffrySG
02-24-2012, 08:31 PM
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=1311104

Google has a lot of info on ads on YouTube videos as well.

Ryan Roye
02-24-2012, 08:36 PM
The pay threshold of YouTube is quite low.

You will make a few pennies for videos that get thousands of hits... literally. To make any quantifiable amount (like, maybe $10-100) it needs to be 50-200k+ views, unless it has changed since I last checked years back.

In all reality, it isn't too bad as long as you only look at it as a secondary source of income for your production. The only people living off their videos get 10 million+ views with every single video they publish and they publish 2-3 times a month. People have written many books and articles on how to become successful in YouTube, but I am willing to bet a lot of it revolves around trends and being aware of what is being searched most often. IE: a popular movie was just released, you produce a funny parody right after... it will be very likely to get a lot of hits regardless of quality... but people tend to share works that really stand out especially in that category.

littlewaves
02-27-2012, 05:33 AM
"charlie bit my finger" got around 100,000 for around 400 Million views

that's over a few years too so don't quite the day job any time soon!

In short you'll probably not get much of a payout for a 3d reel or LW tutorial but maybe you have something special up your sleeve?

bugzilla
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I have been getting paid (though not alot) for my Youtube videos for a little over a year now. One of my videos reached the threshold for number of views needed, so Youtube invited me to the revenue sharing program. Once you set up an Adsense account, each time you upload a video you have the option to enable ads. You only get paid for ads that are clicked on while people are watching your videos, not number of views. I have several videos with thousands of views which have generated no revenue at all. The videos that seem to produce the most revenue for me cater to an absolute beginner to animation. I suspect those draw from a wide ranging audience that is more likely to click on ads.

you can check out my channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bugzilla2001

Cryonic
02-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Strange. I had only a couple of videos up on my channel and Youtube invited me to sign up for revenue sharing. I did, but haven't enabled it on any of my little vids as they are so short that the ads would be longer than the vid.
Also, those of us using Firefox with the Adblock plus addon don't see any ads on youtube or hulu. I've seen all the comments on VEVO videos about the ads and just thought to myself "What Ads?" until I realized that adblock was preventing them from even playing.

prometheus
03-02-2012, 06:49 AM
I have been getting paid (though not alot) for my Youtube videos for a little over a year now. One of my videos reached the threshold for number of views needed, so Youtube invited me to the revenue sharing program. Once you set up an Adsense account, each time you upload a video you have the option to enable ads. You only get paid for ads that are clicked on while people are watching your videos, not number of views. I have several videos with thousands of views which have generated no revenue at all. The videos that seem to produce the most revenue for me cater to an absolute beginner to animation. I suspect those draw from a wide ranging audience that is more likely to click on ads.

you can check out my channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bugzilla2001

Ahh..youtube make money on your videos sounded to good.
not payed per view makes totally unpredictable if you actually would get anything.

I was thinking about putting some tutorials up and activate ads, but giving it a second thought Im not sure.

Michael