PDA

View Full Version : Wind controls?

Paul_Boland
02-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi Folks.

Working with the Lightwave 11 demo and I LOVE the Bullet Physics!! LOVE EM!!! I'm trying to figure out how to use the FX Wind to blow some bouncing balls but I can't figure out how to set the direction? I can't find any mention of it in the admendment manual. Does anyone know how to work with the wind?

OnlineRender
02-24-2012, 04:43 PM
control the gravity in fx tools menu via the graph editor,

not really wind ... do lw dyn combine with bullet dyn ? not even tried yet

http://www.lightwiki.net/images_new/grav2.png

wrench
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Yes, you can't mix and match Bullet with the old FX. What OnlineRender says is good - use Bullet's gravity.

B

OnlineRender
02-24-2012, 04:55 PM
in short ...

create Null , Properties , FX Wind , Radius Select size , remember its a null so you can move it around ,Vector will control the length /strength

OnlineRender
02-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes, you can't mix and match Bullet with the old FX. What OnlineRender says is good - use Bullet's gravity.

B

sorry not what I meant LW original Dyn cannot influence Bullet Dyn correct ?

Paul_Boland
02-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

frosted
08-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Just playing with a few options, but if you want wind, and make a FX Wind, set it however you planned to use it, then you can apply that to Bullet by selecting the wind null and making the type in Bullet Kinematic. I used sphere, works well. So in short, YES!! You can do it!

khan973
08-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Just playing with a few options, but if you want wind, and make a FX Wind, set it however you planned to use it, then you can apply that to Bullet by selecting the wind null and making the type in Bullet Kinematic. I used sphere, works well. So in short, YES!! You can do it!

No, it just simulates a sphere as you could do with any object to calculate very fast. But wind has no effect.