PDA

View Full Version : Settings that won't stay.

dark_lotus
10-20-2003, 03:02 PM
It seems that any settings that i choose (including plug-ins) don't stay in lightwave. I have to load everything everytime i use lightwave.

Segment Memory, plug-ins, layout. Nothing is saving when i close, i've tried closing it, logging out, re-installing. Nothing works.

Any help would be appreciated.

pdrake
10-20-2003, 03:36 PM
i had the same problem. i switched machines and did a clean install. that worked. it still doesn't work right on my other machine. i would like to know more about this too.

dark_lotus
10-20-2003, 03:54 PM
problem fixed, i deleted the entire lightwave folder and did another clean install. Seemed to work.

mlinde
10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Instead of deleting all of lightwave when this happens, you might just create new cmdLine files for Hub, Lightwave, and Modeler, then delete any config files previously created (inside ~user/Library/Preferences). To make it easy, set the path in your cmdLine files as below (all one line):
-0 -c"Trajan:Applications:Lightwave 3D 7.5:Configs" -p"Trajan:Applications:Lightwave 3D 7.5:Configs"

1) The -0 at the beginning will disable the hub, if you work with the hub, don't add that.
2) The -c tells the application (Hub, Lightwave, Modeler) where to look for the configuration files, with settings like window size, segment memory, etc.
3) the -p is the location of the "extensions" or plugins for lightwave.

The cmdLine has to have the exact same name as the application to work, i.e. if you call Lightwave "Lightwave 7.5c" then the cmdLine needs to be "Lightwave 7.5c cmdLine"

kmscottmoore
10-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Another possibility, if none of the previous posts answered your question, is this:

Open modeler. Load your plug-ins, change units, etc. Quit modeler. Quit the hub. Open layout. Make changes. Quit layout. Quit the hub.

Now, the next time you open modeler and/or layout your new settings should be saved.
I've had problems with the hub "erasing" changes to settings if you don't purpose quit it between sessions.

Hope this helps.

--Scott

toby
10-22-2003, 12:27 AM
What also happens sometimes is screwed up permissions in the preference files, they become read-only, especially with new installs, which would stop your settings from being saved.