PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX - Radiosity render problem

SaturnX
02-23-2012, 07:32 AM
I've a scene with an animated moth.
The moths body is hairy.

Up until now, I've been doing F9 renders with both radiosity and without radiosity. Things have been going okay and the test renders look as they should.

Now this is were my problem starts.
I've now been trying to render animated radiosity tests (image sequences). The problem seems to be that after the first frame of the sequence renders, (it renders okay), all sequential frames after the first frame rendered have large amounts of black in areas where the rendered hair is supposed to be. The strange thing is, if i F9 render these frames individually, the rendered fiberfx hair will be as it should.

I have spent many hours adjusting fiberfx settings and GI settings, but the same thing is happening everytime, and only when I render sequential frames. F9 tests work fine. It's hard to tell if the imposing black on the fur is random or not.

Has anyone come across this issue before?
And might there be a fix or workaround for it?

SaturnX
02-24-2012, 12:03 PM
UPDATE:

I upgraded to Lightwave 11.0!
The problem i had with the radiosity issues and fiberfx seems to be no more. ... I am glad to say!

It's taking a while to learn the new sampling settings though.
Render times seem to take alittle longer to achieve clean results. At least, to what they were with 10.1

LW11 is much smoother when working with deformations i noticed, nice!

ivanze
02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgNB9tZWUmM&context=C3fab74eADOEgsToPDskLUEAbLM4A0XEBj2RU1PmjG

It helps a lot to understand the new render settings. Btw, it is really faster than before to get very good results.

SaturnX
02-25-2012, 03:29 AM
Check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgNB9tZWUmM&context=C3fab74eADOEgsToPDskLUEAbLM4A0XEBj2RU1PmjG

It helps a lot to understand the new render settings. Btw, it is really faster than before to get very good results.

That was very helpful, thanks for the heads up on that..