PDA

View Full Version : Softbody style damping on null motion - nodal setup?

AbstractTech3D
02-23-2012, 04:49 AM
Hi There

Am trying to create a nodal modification of a null's motion such that upon a change in velocity (e.g. suddenly a moving null stops) that a 'softbody' style elastic damped bounce occurs (over perhaps 3 damped oscillations).

Even better, would be if it considered 3 channels (x+y+z, or h+p+b) rather than just a single channel.

Perhaps the key lies in the creative use of DP Kit Motion Info, inside Node Item Motion...

My purpose is ultimately to create automatic (non 'calculated') camera bounces, similar to that achieved in After Effects with the use of the Video Copilot plug-in 'Sure Target' - observe how the camera bounces upon finding each new target.

…Or - is there some pre-existing plug-in that achieves this, that I've overlooked?

Thanks in advance.

RebelHill
02-23-2012, 08:11 AM
U tried MG springy thing?

AbstractTech3D
02-23-2012, 04:27 PM
I didn't know about SpringyThingy. Thanks RH, I'll be looking into it.

Sensei
02-23-2012, 05:27 PM
sinus/cosinus is behaving like this. So take Math > Trigonometry > Sin (angle to sin calculate from Render Info frame), plug to Math > Scalar > Multiply with envelope. If you will be decreasing value in envelope, effect will be fading out to nothing at end (sin * 0.0 = 0.0).

Using modifiers that need pressing calculate etc will require baking motion at the end, otherwise you won't be able to render frame at random order or send scene to renderfarm.
Above method doesn't need baking.

Object will move, or resize like on this picture:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wsanjNIlcaE/TkJCuBm8bmI/AAAAAAAAAfA/DK1atIAV6F8/s1600/Underdamped_oscillation_xt.png